Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

The ability to change an IR to SR and vice versa after a request has been saved.

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
This product needs the ability to be able to switch an Incident to a Service Request and vice versa.  How are Level 1 support staff taking calls supposed to start logging a call from the beginning without this capability?

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi @Jason_Meyer

Are you licensed for Cireson Affected User? Its an add on that appears in the portal that allows you to constantly switch between IR and SR during the logging process.

If you need to switch once actually created, then you will need to use one of the many Convert Customisation found on this community site. Service Manager does not allow the actual conversion of a ticket but it simulates it by creating a new ticket, copying over as much data as possible and resolving the old.

Geoff
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

No, we are not.  And looking at this solution requires CONSOLE access to Service Manager which we haven't deployed to our analysts and requires the support staff to know if this is an IR or SR prior to saving any work. Also does not allow the change of an IR to an SR 'after' the work item / request has been saved. 

Can you point me to the "Convert Customizations" on the site?  Frustrating that there are so many customizations required for this product.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, Affected User does require console installation, but doesn't require users be in the console to use it as it's now included in the portal as @Geoff_Ross pointed out.  Also, SCSM is what controls whether the work items can be converted or not.  In fact, they can't be converted at all, but through the portal, you have the flexibility to surface custom tasks that make it easy to close the IR and create an SR(or vise versa).

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2415/convert-ir-to-sr

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2416/convert-sr-to-ir
    Jason, this solution works in both Console and Portal (since v8.5)
    But yes, it does require support staff to know if this is an IR or SR prior to saving.
    Service Manager follows MOF (Microsoft's version of ITIL) which does not have scope for converting from one ticket type to another which is why the product does not support it. Getting it logged right first time is pretty vital for a good Service Management practice and will save time and produce better reporting down the line. I have found working with organisations all over the world that most (not all) end users can understand the difference between IR and SR with a but of explanation (Something is broken Vs I need something).

There will still always be cases where a ticket has been logged incorrectly and that is when the Conversion Tasks can be useful. Luckily, the Cireson Portal is built to be extendable and this awesome community has provided some great customisations here.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2415/convert-ir-to-sr

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2416/convert-sr-to-ir

Let me know if you have any trouble with these.

Geoff
    @Justin_Workman
    Nice links!

Overall, I appreciate the feedback and communications but ultimately I feel that this falls short.  The product needs a way to easily convert requests.  It could be a simple drop down menu, like Classification or Area.

I agree, most of the time staff knows the difference, but 1%, 2% of the time, requests are initiated incorrectly and being able to easily switch them from IR to SR or vice versa would save time.

Happy to announce that we implemented the "Convert to SR" and "Convert to IR" TASKS function modules and have had really good success with them.

Have adjusted aprox. 500 tickets in our environment in a few months of having it available to our group making our metrics more accurate and educating our customers and staff on the benefits of IRs and SRs.

High fives all around.