Home Asset Import

How to import Hardware and Computer relationships?

Martin_GunnarssonMartin_Gunnarsson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

I'm using CAM for SCM and is currently trying to import all of our servers (about 900 of them).
I want to import the server properties to a Hardware asset, and at the same time create a Computer-asset which is linked as a "Associated CI" to the Hardware asset. What would be the best way to achieve this?

I've tried using the Asset Excel app, as well as using the SMC "Connectors" import-function (via CSV), but I don't seem to get the relationships/links working properly.

Thanks in advance!

/Martin

Best Answers

• Martin_GunnarssonMartin_Gunnarsson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    I looked into our settings for bringing in the Computer CIs from SCCM (as suggested by Mr. Workman) and noticed a small error. We had it sorted out and now everything links as intended.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the update!

Answers

@Martin_Gunnarsson - Do you have a connector bringing in the Computer CIs from SCCM or AD?
    @Martin_Gunnarsson - Do you have a connector bringing in the Computer CIs from SCCM or AD?
    No, not for these servers unfortunately.
    Hence why I'm looking for a more "manual" way of importing everything with the correct relationships, if it's even possible.

Answer ✓
    I looked into our settings for bringing in the Computer CIs from SCCM (as suggested by Mr. Workman) and noticed a small error. We had it sorted out and now everything links as intended.
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the update!
This discussion has been closed.