Home Analyst Portal

Send mail not populating TO

Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi.

We just updated to 8.8.1.
The new send mail function is not populating the TO field with the affected users mail adress.

In the conole log i get
GET http://tst-sc-sm01/api/V3/Enum/GetEnumDisplayName?id= 500 (Internal Server Error)

When i try to manually select a user i get 
(invalid mailadress)

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was recently testing 8.8.1 since Send Email was the only item updated but I do not experience this.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do also see this issue.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Oh my... @Tom_Hendricks and I aren't on the same page. I'm suddenly very concerned :wink:

I'll do my best to try and break this now.
    Oh my... @Tom_Hendricks and I aren't on the same page. I'm suddenly very concerned :wink:

I'll do my best to try and break this now.
    I know, right?  Red alert!  :)

I thought this may have been due to some custom code (we have more than one "person" field and code that picks who is in the TO and who is in CC) but when I moved everything out of customspace, this was still happening.
  • Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Got this from Cireson support
    Will try it on Monday!
    Hi Magnus,

The function which validates the email address checks if the final domain extension is at least three characters long. Since a lot of European domains only have two characters in the final section of the domain name (.se,.dk,.fr,.de,etc), they will fail the validation.

I will escalate this to our development team to have it corrected, but in the meantime you can edit the file: C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\app\app.js

and change line 75 to
    var re = /^(([^<>()[\]\\.,;:\s@\"]+(\.[^<>()[\]\\.,;:\s@\"]+)*)|(\".+\"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\])|(([a-zA-Z\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,}))$/;
    Mine are all 3 characters long.  Good thing I haven't pushed this to Prod yet...
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I've just updated line 75 in app.js on our dev install, and i can confirm it no longer states that email addresses are invalid for a 2 character tld
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    On v8.8.1 the To box is defaults to blank and regardless of what I do to the values in the box the affected user is always getting emailed. Before the analysts could remove the name if they wanted to escalate the request or reach out to another party without emailing the affected user. Now we don't have that option.
  • Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Brian_Wiest dont have that issue but the below anser from Cireson support might help.
    Also noticed some other strange behaviors, the status is blanked if you dont select a status when sending an email. 
    Below anser from Cireson sorted both the TO not getting populated and the status being set to "NULL" 

There are a couple of known issues with the implementation of Send Email as you have noticed.
    To work around these issues, you can modify the file C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\tasks\sendEmail\controller.js

To fix the issue with the status value being set, change line 773 like this:

//change status if status in dropdown has value
                                    if (_vmWindow.Status.Id != "") {

To fix the issue with the affected user not being set, add a line on 410 like this:

var picker = $("#userPickerTo").data("kendoMultiSelect");
                                picker.dataSource.data(_vmWindow.recipientToList); // Add this line to correct the selection of the affected user.
                                picker.value(_.pluck(_vmWindow.recipientToList, "Id"));

I would also suggest changing the value on line 188 so that you are retrieving less data (out of the box it is set to 1000)
                                            maxNumberOfResults: 10,
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Magnus_Lundgren1 Thanks that helped the form on my system. The TO is now populating the affected user.