Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

IR - Change Status task - add option to block resolving IR with active MAs

Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have more cases of IRs with MAs, sometimes multiple MAs. The Change Status task is accidentally being used by analysts marking the IR as resolved without checking to see if the MAs have been completed. This causes multiple problems, first the work related to the IR isn't being tracked to completion and more importantly, the MAs remain In Progress (because MA doesn't deal with this situation) and so they continue to appear in analysts MyWork queue. In some cases when the IR moves to closed prior to the work completing, there is no way for the analyst to update the MA leaving us with no choice but to force the MA status' using SMLETS.

cross ref: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3899/activities-on-incidents-ir-not-treated-the-same-as-activities-on-service-requests-sr

I propose the Change Status task be updated for IRs such that it blocks analysts from resolving the IR if there are MAs that are still InProgress or in Pending status.

3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Jerry_Veldhuis you could try something like this in your custom.js
    app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {<br>	formObj.boundReady( function() {<br>		var vm = pageForm.viewModel;<br>		for (i=0; i < vm.Activity.length; ++i) {<br>			if (vm.Activity[i].Status.Name == "In Progress" || vm.Activity[i].Status.Name == "Pending") {<br>				$( ".taskmenu li:contains('Change Status')" ).hide();<br>			}<br>		}<br>	});<br>});<br>