Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

The "Add message to action log" box in "send email" should be checked by default

A lot of analysts forget to check the box to add their message to the action log. In this case it's hard to follow an incident when information is missing.

If the box would be checked by default, everybody would have to uncheck it which is likely not to occur.

33 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Fredrik_BorchseniusFredrik_Borchsenius Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hey

We actually did this for a customer a while back. Add the following to your custom.js file (located by default in c:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace

app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
        formObj.boundReady(function () {
    $("#actionLogisPrivate").trigger("click")
    $(".link[data-bind*=sendEmail]").on("click", function () { 
    $("#IsAddToLog").trigger("click").closest("div").hide(); 
    });
        });
    }); 
    app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
    $("#ChangeStatusToPending").closest("div").hide(); 
    });
        });
    });

• Aaron_BoockAaron_Boock Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This was very helpful for us too.  We made a very slight modification, to check the box but not hide. 
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Aaron,

this would be the feature I'm looking for. The box shouldn't be hided, but checked by default. What's the parameter for it? I couldn't find it yet. Thanks.

• Aaron_BoockAaron_Boock Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Remove the hide function, like this for both the Incident and ServicRequest forms.

Change:

To:

$("#IsAddToLog").trigger("click").closest("div")

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks Aaron, this worked perfectly.
  • Adrian_ProbstAdrian_Probst Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks, this was very helpful!
  • Jody_SudburyJody_Sudbury Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Has anything changed with regards to this? I'm using the following code in custom.js: 
    app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
    $("#IsAddToLog").trigger("click").closest("div"); 
    });
        });
    }); 
    $("#ChangeStatusToPending").closest("div"); 
    });
        });
    });

I did an iisreset and reload the browser on the client side and the "Add Message To Action Log" message gets checked, but the status isn't changed to pending. I just did a 2012 -> 2016 upgrade and am now using the 2016 build of cireson (latest version),  so it seems like something must have changed between 2012 and 2016 versions.

Thanks
  • Lauren_BoxallLauren_Boxall Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Has anything changed with regards to this? I'm using the following code in custom.js: 
    });
        });
    }); 
    $("#ChangeStatusToPending").closest("div"); 
    });
        });
    });

I did an iisreset and reload the browser on the client side and the "Add Message To Action Log" message gets checked, but the status isn't changed to pending. I just did a 2012 -> 2016 upgrade and am now using the 2016 build of cireson (latest version),  so it seems like something must have changed between 2012 and 2016 versions.

Thanks

We are still on 2012 but have upgraded the portal to 8.4.3.2012. I had previously tested this code successfully in 7.4.2012.11. The code doesn't work under 8.4 (once I finally got approval to proceed with it)