Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Cireson Mobile App

Hi All,
I think it would be a good idea to have a Cireson Portal Mobile App rather than having to go to a web address on your phone.
A couple of reasons i think this is beneficial are:
1. Normal End Users will not want to spend that long entering the address everytime they want to go to the page.
2. It is more convieniant for them to do bits and pieces on the go if they need to log calls.

A couple of features i think would be beneficial for it to have would be:
1. Users to recieve a phone notification when a call is logged/resolved
2. Analysts to recieve a notification when a call is logged to them
3. Announcements to pop up as notifications on the phone as well as showing on the app like they would in the port

Hopefully this would be beneficial! :smile:

Shane.
15 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good stuff @Shane_White!
    Thanks for your suggestion!
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I like the idea of this if it is just meant to take the simplest/least complex parts of the portal and execute them with as few clicks as possible (instead of trying to duplicate the current mobile view) and I like the notifications aspect of this idea.

I (as just one customer, of course) am wary of something that would try to be more, though.  This is mostly due to having a potential third version of the same forms to design, for example, or having to test custom code in yet another place.  Or perhaps worse than that, having a way for users to bypass all of our customizations for a terrible and potentially unauthorized experience (looking at you, Outlook Add-in).

I do like the potential for granting this single app VPN access, for example, vs. the current mobile browsing experience using these "secure enterprise mobile apps" that won't seem to go away.

TL;DR: Careful with this one, it could be amazing terrible based on only a few small decisions.
  • Options
    ShaneWhiteShaneWhite Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Tom, thanks for the comment! 

I think you are definitely right, the simpler the better, it shouldnt be the full portal just duplicated on movile it shoudl be key features simplified for on the go access, as chances are you are not doing the majority of things when you go onto the portal through the web anyway! For Example, for users they could see their requests, check updates and add comments, maybe basic funtionaility to log simple IR/SR calls. Then Analysts to see the same plus calls in their Queue in a more mobile friendly view to how it looks when going through a mobile browser if that makes sense. Then of course the notifications would be for anything they wanted to be notified about! 

I understand your concern and agree that it could become a bit of a mess if not handled correctly, and agree that it should not do any bypassing like the Outlook plugin! So it should be if anything a simplified version of the Portal with the same restrictions that are placed on the portal itself so that key information is still not missed or bypassed.

Hopefully that helps!