Home Analyst Portal
Options

Send email task not working

Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Good day everyone,

I have an issue with the Send Email task. 

If I go into admin settings and test the email settings it says email sent but I never receive it, the same happens with the Send email task. 

If I look at the send mail server, it never reaches the server. If sending an email via cmd to the mail server it reaches the server and delivers the mail.

I have turned off the Windows Firewall to test without success.

The Portal server's IP has been included in the SPF records and the config looks the same as the WF server. 

If someone can explain to me how the process flows for an email from portal it will be awesome.

Regards
Gerhard

Answers

• Options
    Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    how have you specified your smtp "server name"? i hade to put the servername.domain.internal to get our emails to work.
  • Options
    James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Gerhard,

Are you seeing any 'Failure to send email' errors in the webconsole log file?
  • Options
    Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Gerhard,

Are you seeing any 'Failure to send email' errors in the webconsole log file?
    Nope, it said sent in console log and if I used PS it also sent so was not a permissions error.
    In the end, I reloaded the portal onto another virtual and it is working. Same config, same IP...

I don't know what went wrong, but after many hours of troubleshooting, it was the only way out as the analysts were protesting with pitchforks outside. Luckily security kept them out :-) ....