Home Analyst Portal
Options

Send Email task portal version

Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Version: Latest
So really nice work with the panel that shows the send email task. but i lack that i autopopulates the Affected user as it did before. also the use of {{id}} place holders in the templates would be awsome then you could link directly to the incident/Request in the email. 
The template provided for the @mention notification is really great. now i don`t have to copy paste the link any more.
If there is a solution to this plz let me know!!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    OMG! Just installed this new version in test environment and no the Affected User does not populate as before - this is a breaking change for all our customers!!

Can you please get a status of this - thank you.
  • Options
    Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks I saw the post, will test it, just thought that fix was implemented in 8.9.2 (atleast according to notes)
  • Options
    @Mikkel_Madsen great - it worked. Some of the fixes has been implemented I could see, but not the last one regarding 

picker.dataSource.data(_vmWindow.recipientToList); // Add this line to correct the selection of the affected user.

Thanks
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.9.2 has lots of bugs in Send Email (some prevent tickets from saving, but only a percentage of the time).  8.9.3 is supposed to fix them, but I am still testing it before I am willing to say if they have all been completely remediated.

At this point I can at least say that 8.9.3 does use separate/dedicated data sources for the TO and CC pickers, which is a vast improvement if you are setting either field programmatically.