Home Advanced Request Offering

Possible to change the order of pages in ARO layout?

Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi 
Is it possible to change the order of the layout pages in a ARO?
Say that you create a new page, this will be the last page as per default, what if i like that page to be page 1?

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Peter_Nordqvist : I had a similar need and while I believe this would be a great new feature/functionality for the ARO editor (and have upvoted it), I have found a workaround that is currently working for me. The page ordering is controlled in the RO's management pack. I found that hacking the MP's XML seems to work fine in my limited testing so far. The page ordering is located in the Extensions|RequestOffering|PresentationMappingTemplate|Sources|Source Id="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"|ControlConfiguration|Configuration|Details|Cireson|Pages section of the MP.

I have found I can effectively reorder pages in the ARO editor & at runtime by simply moving the entirety of each <Page>xxx</Page> section around as desired and reimport the updated mgmt pack. The page display order is the same sequential order of the pages as defined in the MP.

As with any mgmt pack XML hacking- take all appropriate MP exports for backup purposes to ensure that you can recover in the event that something snafu's during the edits and make sure to update the MP's versioning as appropriate before you re-import.