Home Advanced Request Offering

Limit returned information in Query Results control

Hey everyone.

Does anyone know if there is method to only display only the employees that are direct reports to the person who has logged in to the Self-Service Portal in a Query Results control?

I am wanting to restrict the employees a manager sees to only those that report to that manager.
This is to prevent a manager from another department/location requesting changes to employees from another department/location.

Thanks

Answers

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    you could use the UserManagesUsers type projection/combination class, you would probably need to set the filter after the page loads to the session.user.Id though for the manager
  • Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Jeff, I think... but I've got no idea where to start to do what you have suggested.
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have a play with it tomorrow at work and get back to you about it
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I would like some info on this as well, the only way I know how to do this is to create queues for every support group so that it scopes the WorkItems only for that support group. BUT this will slow down the system so that it is unworkable. The other option is to take the OOB SQL and pass tokens to them. So you will Add a {{SupportGroup}} token in the SQL and then in the dashboard designer, you specify the Support group. This has worked well for me, BUT this means that you need to design a dashboard page for every support group.