Home General Discussion

How do you use Cireson for your Change Management Board meetings (CAB)?

AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Just a general question, as internally we have been using a combination of the web console and the service manager console.  However looking at a competitor, such as Sales Force and their CAB workbench, has anyone build or used anything like this in Cireson?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on what you are after. If you have a whole history of Service Manager data including Configuration Items, Work Items and their related comments, and Asset Management, is switching to another system just for Change Management something that's worth doing? 
    I've used Service Manager and the Cireson Portal as a Change Manager in the past and as long as it's set up and configured correctly, the entire process went really well. 

I understand that with Service Manager it can be a lot of work to get it to a point where it directly benefits the organisation, however once you get to that point it can become very easy to use. If that's something you're not able to do, you can contact our Consultants to do the heavy lifting for you, then once it's all implemented you don't have to worry about a thing. 
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really isn't much to that CAB workbench that couldn't be created in this portal, but it would take a lot of effort.  Having something like that OOB would be terrific, but if someone wanted to post their version of it to the community uploads, that would be nearly as good.
  • AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks for the input all.  I use the console now as our change meetings revolve around how we categorize our data centers (internal services, vs those we host for clients).  In addition, we leverage a custom class for those externally hosted apps (There are related type projections as well (classified by tiers (App, Data, utility, Back office etc..)).  So I always found, when it comes to leveraging custom CI classes the cireson portal lacking.

I just realized a put in sales force, i meant ServiceNow (Opps).
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use an SSRS report that is output to Excel during the meetings so that it can be annotated live.

Maybe this is a redundant statement if you react the same way I do to the above but I'll say it anyway: I agree, the portal could definitely be made to do more in this area.  The good news is that it seems completely possible to do that on this framework.  The less good news is that it would take some significant effort.