Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Option to include/remove "Create on Behalf Of" on Request Offerings

David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Having the option to select which RO/ARO's have the "Create On Behalf Of" field would be extremely useful.

Most of our offerings to end users require the Create on Behalf Of field as each department has a nominee that will fill submit the requests on behalf of the users, however we do have some offerings where we don't want this functionality for security reasons.

It would be nice if it was a selectable option, rather than having to update the custom.js file to hide it when required!
24 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I've attached the solution I developed for this. Just include that code in your custom.js however you like to do that. Then copy the small piece of css from the comments at the top of the js file in your custom.css file. Finally, edit the

var showForRequestOffers = [
    							'f5600603-feea-040c-dcc7-dd381159148e', //Password Reset
    							'b3606d13-5bfb-6361-d3a0-f14ab35a2fe3', //Cyber Event
    							'57f3a5a1-bdf9-19cc-0481-d561ae1ca977' //Egress Exception
    						];<br>
    section. Replace the GUIDs there with the GUIDS of the requests you want the Create On Behalf field to show up on.
  • Mike_BrancoMike_Branco Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hello,
    Has any progress been made by Cireson on the ability to show/hide the Create request on behalf of?

Thanks
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I've attached the solution I developed for this. Just include that code in your custom.js however you like to do that. Then copy the small piece of css from the comments at the top of the js file in your custom.css file. Finally, edit the
    @Nick_Flint You mean custom.js file? 
    Do I need to add end-user to AD group that metnioned in "CreateOnBehalfGroup" parametr?
    Now in this group are only analicycs.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Marek_Lefek
    You need to take the CSS from the commets in the top of the custom.js and insert that into custom.css.

And yes, you would need to grant end-users access to the Create On Behalf Of prompt, by adding an AD group in the CreateOnBehalfGroup setting. Please see here for more information: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1275#/ and https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3186/can-domain-users-group-be-used-for-create-on-behalf-of-feature

• Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Been messing around with this today and for whatever reason it just won't work for me. I"m able to automatically hide the Create on Behalf using the code in my custom.css and I've copied the element ID of four request offerings into the "var showForRequestOffers" section but they are still not showing after clearing cache and testing from a few browsers. Everything looks like it should be working and don't see any reason that it would have broken with new portal versions. 
    @Rob_Radabaugh Could you copy/past/post the entire showForRequestOffers code block you're using? 
    @Rob_Radabaugh Could you copy/past/post the entire showForRequestOffers code block you're using? 
    Attached below. Thanks Nick
    @Rob_Radabaugh: That looks fine to me. I've confirmed that this is still working in my production environment running portal version 8.2.2 and my test environment running 8.6.1.

The only other thing that comes to mind for me is that the URL for the request offering contains two GUIDs seperated by a coma. One is for the request offering and one is for the template (I think). Perhaps you have supplied the template GUIDs instead of the request offering GUIDs.
    @Nick_Flint Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I was grabbing the request offering id from the console under "Element ID" Is this not correct? 
    I see the values in the request offering URL is the request offering id the first or second value after the comma? Thanks
    @Rob_Radabaugh I don't think the Element ID will work. My request offerings don't even have an Element ID listed. Use the first GUID in the Request Offering URL in the portal.
    @Nick_Flint Finally got around to testing this and was able to get it to work. For some reason, the "Myself" and radio buttons aren't lined up correctly but I'll try to figure that out now. Thanks for your help
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out this post were in the latest version of the portal there was a change in the layout requiring you to add some content to your custom CSS to "Fix" the radio button location.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/14560#Comment_14560
  • Chris_DameChris_Dame Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I found this thread extremely helpful. For me though, in my environment running Portal version 8.9.1.2016, I was running into issues getting the "Change on Behalf" behavior to work correctly. I was noticing that even on the ROs that I wanted the radio buttons, they were not showing up. In fact, the On Behalf Of radio buttons were not showing up anywhere anymore!

What fixed it for me was this:

Change Line 11 from: 
    $(window).load(function() {

to this: 
    $(window).on("load",function() {

This allowed me to get rid of the "Object doesn't support property or method 'indexOf'" error that I was seeing before. Hope this helps someone!