Home Analyst Portal

Upgrading to version 8.7.2

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Team,

I wish to upgrade our portal from 8.4 to the latest 8.7.2. I haven't done this before and I'm not sure where I can find the installer with instructions.

are there any guides on  upgrading the portal? can someone send me a link to the downloads page where the latest version is? thanks.

our current version is the below. I'm guessing its a straight upgrade.

Current Portal Version: 8.4.2.2016

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.185

Thank you.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's the good news - there isn't much to this.

All you need to do is run the installer on your management server and it will pull down the latest bits. When you point it at your current production ServiceManager and ServiceManagement database an upgrade will simply just happen with no extra effort on your part.

But if you really want the instructions, you can find them here which is a link from the download page.
    https://docs.cireson.com/articles/#!service-manager-portal-setup-guide-publication/objective
  • Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Adam.

This may be a silly question but is the 8.9.3.206 the latest version? We use SCSM 2016 so I will need to install

I'm guessing the install is this one on the downloads page?

Cireson Portal for Service Manager with Cireson Analytics

Cireson Analytics is included as an installation option, but is separately licensed under your Dashboard or Service Management Stream license.

NOTE: Cireson Asset Management 8.0.3+ must be installed to access the Asset Management features of the portal.

Please make sure you read about Installing & Setting Up Advanced Request Offerings.

SCSM 2016
    09/21/2018

SCSM 2012
    09/21/2018

Kind Regards

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a silly question at all.

Yes as of this thread/my response - 8.9.3.2016 is the latest version of the SCSM portal and as such you are correct in your observation.