Home Analyst Portal

Can the Tasks bar on the Analyst Portal be modified?

Michael_VoetMichael_Voet Customer IT Monkey ✭
When you open up an SR or IR you have that Tasks bar that appears to the right of the case. Can this be modified? I would like to add the option of "Create Change Request" and have it setup like it is in the Console for both IRs & SRs. Is this possible? 

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it most definitely can be modified.  Start here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/52

Example from SR ticket with a number of customizations shown:

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    That looks pretty good; how are you selecting the specific tasks? There's nothing to select on apart from the data-bind attribute, which requires to loop through them all. Or are you simply selecting them by index (tasks should stay in the same place, right?)?

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, @Konstantin_Slavin-Bo .  You can only select them by their data-bind attribute or the actual text in the element (e.g.: "Send Email").  Selecting by text could be problematic if you support multiple languages, unless you use the localization function against it and add all your custom tasks to the localization settings.  I mention this because not all of the custom/community tasks will have a data-bind property.

In this case, there is a mutation observer on the taskmenu ul that watches for LI elements to be added, rather than just a single loop when the form is ready, for example.  This is for two reasons: 1.) it is very difficult to find the right timing to execute a single loop--tasks do not all get added at once! and 2.) some tasks are added and removed long after the form is loaded.  The best example of #2 is "Add Me to Watchlist / Remove Me from Watchlist."

Tasks do not always stay in the same place if they are custom (pretty sure the out-of-box tasks do since they are defined in the cotroller), especially if they are added by the loadScript function that is popular here or any other form of "lazy loading."  Because that movement annoys me and my users, but I do like to take advantage of lazy loading, I have my script order them based on an ordinal that I assign to each task. Anything I have not defined goes to the end/bottom and sorts alphabetically from there.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info!