Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

User Information (CI) Search Page for Analysts

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Ability for Analysts to Search for a customers name or username and be brought to a page with matching results (or directly to the user's CI Info Page with exact username) with ability to click on the caller and view their AD information/extended AD attributes as well as view active/past related work items. This is especially helpful for Service Desk to easily pull up a users existing related WIs or verify identity quickly and efficiently.
38 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Eugen_MuellerEugen_Mueller Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This would be nice. It's a requirement of our SD, too.
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Taking a page from the Portal Asset Search customization on the Downloads page, I put something together that adds this functionality. Just copy the contents of the attached .txt file into your custom.js file.

Afterwards, you will have a new search box added to the Search section:

You can type the username into this box to get some results:

When you pick a user from the list, you are taken to the out of box user page (same as clicking the little "i" on a user picker). This page has details for the user, their assets, their requests, and their assigned work.

It would be great if this could be worked into the search bar at the top of the page, but this should be enough to bridge the gap for now.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Taking a page from the Portal Asset Search customization on the Downloads page, I put something together that adds this functionality. Just copy the contents of the attached .txt file into your custom.js file.

Afterwards, you will have a new search box added to the Search section:

You can type the username into this box to get some results:

When you pick a user from the list, you are taken to the out of box user page (same as clicking the little "i" on a user picker). This page has details for the user, their assets, their requests, and their assigned work.

It would be great if this could be worked into the search bar at the top of the page, but this should be enough to bridge the gap for now.

Thanks,
    Nick

Absolutely epic work by @Nicholas_Velich!!! Thanks again!
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The User Search has been updated to incorporate some of @joivan_hedrick 's recent changes to the HW Asset Search. The new version will prevent the drawer from sliding in, and allows spaces so you can properly search against Display Name.

See attached.

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe I missed this. Great work @Nicholas_Velich!
  • Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Thanks Nicholas :)

• Eugen_MuellerEugen_Mueller Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

the new solution doesn't work for me. The search field is not visible.

• Dennis_de_JagerDennis_de_Jager Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Instead of using the navigation node, using the default search box is possible:

https://github.com/synax/CiresonAdvancedPortalSearch

OOB it has Hardware Asset, Software Asset and User search.

I have made a Search on Locations and Standards as well based on the above Advanced Portal Search.
    As a matter of fact I have also built a Service Request search based on one of our custom fields (reference) based on this code.

You need to find the correct ManagedTypeId for the fields you want to search for and the correct ProjectionTypes for the Projections you want to search on. 

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This doesn't appear to work in v8.1
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We would really love that feature!

I've posted something similar, because I didn't know that this request exists (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2560/show-all-workitems-of-an-enduser-quickly#latest)

Your idea is great and would save a lot of work for us!

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Good morning all
    We are upgrading to SCSM 2016 and latest version of Cireson Portal. We were running SCSM2012 and Cireson version 5.x using the Portal Username search code provided by Jovian and using IE11. This has been working fine.
    However now that we have moved to SCSM2016 and Cireson Portal Version: 8.3.1.2016 and Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.185) the Portal User search is causing issues with IE11. The toolbar will sometimes display 4 or 5 Username search fields and can crash IE. Has anyone else upgrade / migrated from SCSM2012 to SCSM2016 and the latest Cireson portal?
    Kind regards
    Eugene
  • joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Eugene_Rack
    Can you try the attached updated version of the Portal Username search? This one was created awhile ago, but fixes the exact issue that you are seeing with some code around line 14. 
  • Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hello @joivan_hedrick
    Thanx for the updated code. Will test in the new environment.
  • Roelof_LuingeRoelof_Luinge Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi @joivan_hedrick ,

Your code is working fine in the English language. But it is not working in the Dutch Language.
    I assume I have to change  something in: navNodeDiv = $(".nav_trigger").find("h4:contains(Search)").first().parent();

But cant get it to work. Any ideas?

Regards Roelof
    Replace Search for Zoek did the job. 
    Hi @joivan_hedrick,

We make a little  change in your code so it is now "multi language":

//The page changed. See if our element exists yet.
    var userNav = null;
    userNav = $(".nav_trigger").find("h4:contains(Zoek)").first().parent();
    if (userNav.length === 0) {
    userNav = $(".nav_trigger").find("h4:contains(Searches)").first().parent();
    }

It works, but it shows no Assets and Assigned Workitems. Only Details and Request. Any  ideas?

Regards, Roelof
    And it only shows 7 request. Using portal version 8.9.4 Anyone tested this also in 8.9.4?

Sorry, My bad.  Everything is working fine! 
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

With the new Config Items views you can search Users from the Users CI view, you can also search User CIs via Global Search.