Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Activity History Dropdown

Ryan_LaneRyan_Lane Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Community Uploads
***(Moderator repost from https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4214)***

If you're interested in trying it out, I've thrown the controller.js and view.html up at https://github.com/ryanlanegit/CiresonPortal/tree/master/CustomSpace/Scripts/forms/predefined/history.
There are several ways to go about adding the new items to the portal:
1. Replace the original files in /Scripts/forms/predefined/history
  • Unrecommended -- Will be reverted on updating the portal
-OR-
2. Add the files to your CustomSpace directory and create a redirect in IIS.
  • PRO: Less work to implement
  • PRO: Leaves Cireson files Intact
  • CON: Maintenance/Recreation of the redirect in IIS on updating the portal
-OR-
3. Replace the RequireJS reference in formBuilder.js, compile the RequireJS and then create an IIS redirect to the built file.
  • PRO: Better Performance for clients and decreased load times
  • CON: Much more work to implement 
  • CON: Maintenance/Recreation of the redirect in IIS on updating the portal
  • CON: Any changes to included files will require a recompile of RequireJS.

You may need to update the initial require string pointing to view.html in the controller.js file to point to the final location.
The dropdown isn't perfect as you can't expand and collapse parents but should follow the overall format of all activities related to the work item.

It's still a work in progress as I have not done much beyond the initial layout earlier this year so any suggestions or improvements would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If "Upload of the Month" was a thing, I like your chances!
  • Ryan_LaneRyan_Lane Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Adam_Dzyacky @Tom_Hendricks
    Thanks!  If you have any suggestions for improvement in functionality or style please let me know.  Tried to aim for a solution that would fit in with the rest of the site as much as possible.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upload of the Month isn't a thing, but the Tinkerer badge most certainly is @Ryan_Lane. Consider it awarded!
    @Adam_Dzyacky Haha, thanks! 
    Is anyone familiar with choosing the default option for a kendoExtDropDownTreeViewV3 widget?  I'm working on replacing the dropdown with a combination dropdown similar to how the Status/Classification fields work.  It's currently functional when choosing through both the treeview and combobox but I'm having trouble selecting the root node by default.

edited December 2018
    Update:
    As I have been polishing the custom history dropdown and my other custom scripts for the Cireson Portal I have moved the source code to a new CustomSpace repo on GitHub with the history source code specifically located here.  The old link in the OP will no longer work but I am unable to update it.
  • Cory_BoweCory_Bowe Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This is awesome, and super useful.  Is there a way to actually vote to get this rolled into a default install of the portal?
  • Tyson_ArztTyson_Arzt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I agree with Cory, it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to get something like this rolled into new versions of the portal moving forward.