Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Advanced Request Offerings not Publishing to Portal

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
We are implementing the Cireson Portal in our Dev environment and are having issues getting offerings to publish to the Portal. I can create a regular request offering and publish it, then restart the Cachebuilder and that offering shows up in the Cireson Portal. However, when I use the Create Advance Request Offering, publish it with Publish Advance Request Offering, and then restart Cachebuilder, the offering never shows up in the Portal. Is there a step I am missing, or possibly something has been set up incorrectly in our environment? We are new to Cireson products, so any help is truly appreciated!!!!

Best Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When the ARO's disappear from the portal for me it is typically an issue with the ARO license key in the admin settings.
    One way you can verify that is to look at the Cireson DB and check if the offering is listed in the table.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I am referring to the Portal Admin page - License settings.
    There is a field for the ARO license key from Cireson. If it is missing or xyz, ARO's will not appear on the portal.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Clearing tables is standard practice for the Cireson Database.
    If you search the command here in the community you will find references thru-out written by Cireson and community members.
    Since the DB is a "Cache" of SCSM most of the tables can be wiped so they fully resync from SCSM. Only settings and Cireson only tables you don't delete. IE NavigationNode.

I truncate the tables on a weekly schedule to make sure content is not stale. Also on a regular basis when building new ARO's. In staging we do this daily testing new ARO's
    HTH

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just make sure the RO is part of a Service Offering?  And that people have permission to view it via a Security Role scoped to the SO/RO.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    When the ARO's disappear from the portal for me it is typically an issue with the ARO license key in the admin settings.
    One way you can verify that is to look at the Cireson DB and check if the offering is listed in the table.
  • Options
    I made sure it was part of a Service Offering. We haven't set up any special Security Roles other than the OOB ones from Microsoft. Those have worked so far, should I create new ones for the AROs? I will also get with our DBA and check the Cireson table.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    There is a field for the ARO license key from Cireson. If it is missing or xyz, ARO's will not appear on the portal.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

That did it!!!!! Thank you so much! Our Dev environment ARO license key was missing due to it being an Air Gap system. We put the key in and restarted Cachebuilder, now the AROs have populated into the Portal!
  • Options
    So I have an issue now where only the first ARO we published is showing up. Any others never appear, no matter how many times the Cache Builder service is restarted. Any thoughts?????
  • Options
    Walk the chain of settings/permissions.
    Are they published
    Are they mapped to a SO
    Do you use groups if so are they mapped there
    Are users mapped to the groups/SO in roles
    If you check the Cireson DB are they showing on the Requestoffering table?
    Are you clearing the lastmodified table when restarting the cache builder?
  • Options
    Our DB personnel are wondering the following in regards to the lastmodified table:

"Typically, when working with a vendor database, I usually like to have a script, written by them, so they have some accountability in what we're doing.  If I just plow thru, I might do damage where they might not support us..."

They also told me the date time field is required, so do they need to delete the row.

Sorry, we just have no experience with the Cireson product at all...
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Clearing tables is standard practice for the Cireson Database.
    If you search the command here in the community you will find references thru-out written by Cireson and community members.
    Since the DB is a "Cache" of SCSM most of the tables can be wiped so they fully resync from SCSM. Only settings and Cireson only tables you don't delete. IE NavigationNode.

I truncate the tables on a weekly schedule to make sure content is not stale. Also on a regular basis when building new ARO's. In staging we do this daily testing new ARO's
    HTH
  • Options
    That did the trick! thank you so much!!!