Home Analyst Portal

updated portal to version 8.9 but have lost my customisation

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

I have updated our portal within the dev environment to the latest version it has installed successfully. how ever we lost our customization, our home screen etc.

we have our customizations on

D:\InetPub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace but they haven't loaded.

im new to this, so im a little confused on what to do from here.

any ideas? thanks

Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    In theory, the installer should backup the CustomSpace folder and restore it after the installation is done. I have had an instance where the folder was not copied back. So what I do now before the update is copy the CustomSpace folder to another location on the drive, run the installer and copy the folder back manually and accepting all the overwrite prompts.

You followed Ciresons recommendations correctly by placing all customizations in the CustomSpace folder, so this is not an error on your part. But, Cireson also states that you should make backups because well life happens :-)
  • Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    hi Gerhad, 

yes, we had taken a snapshot so its fine. i have a feeling the initial install was pointing to c:\inetpub location while our custom space folder is on D:\inetPub\CiresonPortal. so we are running at again, triple checking all the details, how ever this time it has taken a very long time. Its nearly done as the progress bar is towards the end but it has been stuck for the past 45 minutes. Im letting it run overnight to see what happens. 

how long do they take normally? I'm guessing well hoping it takes long due to the customisations loading but its been a while. 
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    My upgrades take about 5 minutes. In my PROD environment, the portal server is also a management server in SCSM and the SQL is on another server. In TEST/DEV I only have one virtual that runs SCSM, the portal, and the SQL and both environments take about 5 minutes.

I guess the CustomSpace folder can be in any folder but for consistency, it is recommended to have the CustomSpace in the CiresonPortal folder ie. C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace.

You should review the install log to see where the installer is hanging as 45 minutes seems way too long for the install/upgrade.
  • Nico_RedepenningNico_Redepenning Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We have the same problem. As of version 8.7.3.2016, no more customizations are loaded.
  • Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

mine worked. the issue for me was that our custom space was on the D:\Inetpub\ folder while the installer was pointing to C:\Inetpub\

hence none of them loaded. so now its working. we had issues during the upgrade such as permissions on databases etc but its all fixed and working correctly in our dev environment.