Home General Discussion
Options

Created user should see the request where he isn't affected user

When I create a request, and I am not in the affected users, I, as a creating user, no longer have access to it, it can only be viewed by the affected user. Is it possible to create one so that the creator and the affected person have access?

Answers

• Options
    Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Cireson analytics?
  • Options
    Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    we automatically add the created by user to the work items watch list if they are not also the affected user, this way they can see these work items via the watch list.

To prevent the watch list from continually getting bigger, we remove all entries from the watch list as workitems are changed to closed.
  • Options
    Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Do you have Cireson analytics?
    Yes, I have. But I want the end user to create the request and who was not in this request by the affected user but could enter this request
  • Options
    Jeff_Lang said:
    we automatically add the created by user to the work items watch list if they are not also the affected user, this way they can see these work items via the watch list.

To prevent the watch list from continually getting bigger, we remove all entries from the watch list as workitems are changed to closed.
     I want the end user to create the request and who was not in this request by the affected user but could enter this request
  • Options
    Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Jeff_Lang
    How do you do that - powershell activity, SMA, Orchestrator?
  • Options
    Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    HI Roman,

I had the same request so I created a New Page in the Portal Navigation Settings called My Submitted Requests. I made it visible & public The page shows the WI of the logged in user where they are either the Affected User or the Created By User. I used a blank layout and added a SQL Table Widget. The data source is ServiceManagement and the SQL query is:

SELECT w.WorkItemId AS 'Id', w.Title, w.AffectedUser, w.CreatedByUser, ds.DisplayString AS 'Status'
    FROM WorkItem w
    JOIN DisplayString ds ON ds.ElementID = w.StatusId
    WHERE (w.AffectedUserId = @UserId
    OR w.CreatedByUserId = @UserId)
    AND ds.LocaleID like 'ENU'

This worked for me. Hope this helps.

• Options
    HI Roman,

I had the same request so I created a New Page in the Portal Navigation Settings called My Submitted Requests. I made it visible & public The page shows the WI of the logged in user where they are either the Affected User or the Created By User. I used a blank layout and added a SQL Table Widget. The data source is ServiceManagement and the SQL query is:

SELECT w.WorkItemId AS 'Id', w.Title, w.AffectedUser, w.CreatedByUser, ds.DisplayString AS 'Status'
    FROM WorkItem w
    JOIN DisplayString ds ON ds.ElementID = w.StatusId
    WHERE (w.AffectedUserId = @UserId
    OR w.CreatedByUserId = @UserId)
    AND ds.LocaleID like 'ENU'

This worked for me. Hope this helps.

If I enter the request where I am not affected, I have message that I don't have access, because I am not affected user, but I am created user and I want to see my request, this is possible?