Home Survey App

Is there the way to disable or restrict the end users access to "My Survey" page

Yuriy_MikhaylenkoYuriy_Mikhaylenko Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited October 2018 in Survey App

Is there the way to disable or restrict the end users access to "My Survey" page in after they complete the survey? The user can take the survey to the same IR/SR from e-mail, which is not so bad. However, "My Survey" page is still available for selection, and is not specific for Incident or service requests. The resulting survey will mess up the survey reports. Can the "My Survey" page be hidden or option to select and take survey on the page be disabled? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to hide it in Navigation Settings.
  • Yuriy_MikhaylenkoYuriy_Mikhaylenko Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Konstantin, 
    I wish it was that easy. I have rechecked myself and retested survey completion with End User test cridentials to verify it is not permission related issue.
    In the navigation settings "Public" visibility check box option is disabled. The porblem is in survey code that riderecting end user to "My Survey" page after submitting survey. I wish the end user had no option to select survey template from drop down ("Customer Survey" on screenshot above). If there was the way to disable it in CSS or JS files inside CostomSpace folder that would solve the issue.
    Thanks for sugestion though :)

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can include the attached in your custom.js.  If the user is filling out a survey via the link from their email and the url contains the workItemId token, it won't do anything. 

If they're on any other Survey page(including the survey itself, but not including the workItemId token in the url) it will check to see if they're a member of the specified group and redirect them to My Requests if they're not.
    No success yet:(
    I am still getting the same negative results with script present in custom.js file.
    User gets to "My Survey" page after WorkItem survey completion.
    Justin, could the script logic be done based on "View/SurveyApp#/mySurvey" hyperlink in addition to hyperlink specific to WorkItem? Sorry, i am new to java scripting.    
    Jason,
    the script is working if you manually refresh page after completion of the survey. If the user procedes with survey complesion, the page will not reload and the surveyAdmin authentication part of the script is not kicking in. I have run survey in IE and Chrome to eliminate possible browser related issues.
    Please see the screenshots below.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.  Right.  I see what you're saying now.  I'll see what I can do with it....