Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Configurable response to old/bad/groomed ticket URLs

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Going along with this thread (or on its own!) about grooming out work items that are no longer in the cache tables, users often hang on to URLs for old tickets that have since been groomed out of the ServiceManager database.  Currently, if they enter that URL, they will get a non-descriptive "FAILED" message. 

This request is for a setting that we could use to redirect those requests to a different URL of our choosing.  Either a different error page that we make, or in my case, I would like to redirect it to an SSRS report I have set up that will open the ticket by its ID, out of the data warehouse.  For this to work, the ID would need to be a variable that we could insert into our URL, and it would be ideal if each ticket type could have its own URL.  For example:

SR Ticket Not Found URL: https://myawesomereportserver.com/Reports/RequestReports/MySrReport?id={{WorkItemId}}
IR Ticket Not Found URL: https://myawesomeportalserver.com/CustomErrorPages/TicketNotFound.aspx?id={{WorkItemId}}
CR Ticket Not Found URL:

The first redirects to a report, and the second to a custom error page, just to demonstrate both.  Leaving it blank would keep the current behavior, as in the CR example.
10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very similar, actually.  I missed that somehow (easy to tell because I had not voted on it).

I think they should be considered together if/as a solution is planned.

So that makes three related threads on this subject.  Any more?  :)
  • Options
    Rod_MartenRod_Marten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Being able to customize that response page is critical.  In addition to this scenario we have another with scoped access.  When you create a new workitem, until the group calc completes, you don't have access to the workitem.  So you create an item and save it.  Then click the link at that appears at the top of the screen and you get an ugly error message.

Not sure why "workitem created by user" isn't an inferred permission, but that is one of the many oversights in SCSM.  Friendly error message would be at least a fallback.

Thanks
    Rod
  • Options
    Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This would help a lot especially as end users rarely understand grooming and the system so being able to customise this would be great.