Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Add Totals To Grouped By Grid Views

Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
Hey Community,

Hopefully you all love the ability to drag a column heading into the Group By area to group by that field in all the out of the box Cireson Portal views.

Here's a little customisation, that makes that even better, by adding totals to each group heading. Very easy to see at a glance some key metrics. Eg:

How many Work Items to each member of your team - great for ticket assigment
How many Incidents of each Priority
Work Items in each Status

Hope you find it useful. Enjoy.

Geoff

Comments

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Geoff_Ross, as you can probably tell - I'm loving your solutions - amazing work!! Is there a way to allow the totals to show the total all of the work items in the search results instead of just what's on the current page? (Example: Grouping Work Items by Icon Type in Active Work view will show me the sum of what's on the page - let's say 20 SRs, 40 IRs, and 40 MAs even if there are actually 300 MAs, so if I click on page two I see the total of 100 MAs (if items per page is set to 100))

Not sure if this is possible but thought I would at least ask the question! :)

Thanks as always!
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross
    Great solution, however it only works in work item views... Could we have the same solution for the Search page?
  • Tuan_LuuTuan_Luu Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2018

Hi,

Not sure why " 'MutationObserver' is undefined" for EI 10 for Portal version 8.2 ... Any idea or hints please

// create an observer instance
     var observer = new MutationObserver(function(mutations) {

This is not working for us after upgrading to v8.4 in our DEV environment. Anyone else having issues?
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Jonathan_Boles
    We have the same issue - version 8.8.x
    @Jonathan_Boles
    I've nearly got it to work in portal 8.8.2.2016 - but it does not work if you already have it grouped when open a view. If you reset a view and then choose to group by a column then it adds the counter as i should so I guess it fires to early and no data i in the grid.

Perhaps someone has an idea on how to fix that part?

My updated version is attached.
    @Jonathan_Boles
    I think I've fixed it now - seems to work for me now. I've added a timeout on 100ms.
    Version 0.3 is attached.

@Mikkel_Madsen, much appreciated! 
  • Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited May 2019

@Geoff_Ross thanks so much this is great and something that will make managers happy overviewing their teams work.

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Installed today and no joy. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

@Brian_Winter did you install the latest version 0.3? What portal version are you on? Try increasing the timeout to see if that help :)

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Latest version of the portal and the customization. Turns out that the totals will show up IF you have the Global Search turned off. Classic Search has the totals. Turn Global back on and they disappear.

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

updated and tested on 11.6, now works with Global Search turned on or off