Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Custom Transfer task for the portal

Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Some of our analysts requests a 'Transfer' task, and I've seen people here asking about a task for the portal, which mimics the 'Transfer or Escalate' task from the console, so I made one.

It has a single addition compared to the equivalent console task, in that it clears the Assigned To User, as this was one of the requests from our analysts.

It has a few shortcomings too: The ActionType is AnalystComment, as I can't get it to work with RecordDispatched, neither type or even icon. The workaround is, that it adds a text "Incident transfered to [supportgroup]: " / "Incident escalated to [supportgroup]: " in the top of the comment, so it's still clear what is happening.
Also, I couldn't figure out a proper way to validate whether a valid support group was selected before enabling the OK button, so this check happens only after the OK button is clicked, and it then shows a message if the support group is invalid or empty.

I have included the "Escalate" checkbox even though we don't use it here, as I'm guessing it's used by many of you.

Copy-paste the content of custom_transferIR.js to your custom.js or include the script, and remember to copy the templates folder too.

Comments

• Mark_GearyMark_Geary Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This looks good is there any way of adding who to transfer the call to as well as the support group? 
    Also can this be used on SR's and CR's?
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mark_Geary
    So you want a combination of the "Assigned To Analyst by Group" task and this transfer task?

Such that you select a support group, select an analysts (in that support group?), enter a message, and then the case gets transferred to that support group, assigned that analysts, and logged in the action log with the entered message?
    Hi Konstantin 
    yes thats what i am looking for.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark_Geary
    Okay. I can try to make something like this when I get some time, but I can't give you any ETA right now.
    Hi Konstantin 
    No problem Thank You.
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Has anyone attempted to use the concept of this task, but to take the "Assign to Analyst by Group" and adding the "Comment" textbox?
    It will save the Analysts a couple of clicks if they dont have to assign, then fill in "Comment", click add and submit.