Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Problem Records - Activity Support

Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Having been unable to find any solution for having Activities on Problem Records, and not liking workarounds like using a SR instead, and spending a bit of time trying to get Activities on problem records, we finally came up with the attached solution.

By combining modifications of other uploads on the community site, and creating a management pack for a couple of type projections, and updating some settings in the admin settings of the cireson portal, we now have working the way we want, manual activities on Problem Records.

There is no workflow attached to these activities, we currently have a problem management group which keeps the problem record, and assigns activities to other area's. The problem Record stays open once all activities are completed, and is closed manually once the problem is resolved.

NOTE: there are a few preconditions to just putting this in as is with no modifications.
1. This is a Cireson Portal ONLY Solution
2. The Manual Activities Class needs to be extended with a SupportGroup field (enum)
3. If you have already downloaded the ADD Activities scripts from elsewhere then the one attached in here needs to be used instead. (This is a highly modified version of the others, with lots more functionality)
4. if you are using the EditWorkItem.html by @Martin_Blomgren then the version in this download needs to be used instead (it should be able to just replace Martins one)

Installation :
1. import the Problem Type Projections management pack. (If you modify this Managment pack you will need to update the guid for the ActivityParentId Projection in the EditWorkItem.html)
2. Copy EditWorkItem.html to your CustomSpace Folder (note you can also use this for links in emails etc, to provide a single link to any workitem type EG /CustomSpace/EditWorkItem.html?id=XXXXXX)
3. copy ProblemRecordActivityGridLinks.js / AddActivities.js and AddActivities.html to your custom space and include the 2 js files in your custom.js (note, ensure you update the path to AddActivities.html within the AddActivities.js to match your environment)
4. copy/create/update Problem.js in your customspace folder, and add an Activites tab to it, this should be the same as the activities tab on the other workitem types, eg ServiceRequest etc.
5. add entries to use the new type projection to Admin Settings -> Group Settings (NOTE: If you modify the ProjectionType Management Pack you will need to get the new DPTIProblemTypeProjections.FullView Projection Type GUID to enter in this)

Hopefully this will work for others as successfully as it is for us. (although there may be a couple of extra changes that will be needed that i can't think of right now)

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attempting to use the AddActivity content as I really could use that in my environment. Just running into one issue hoping you know where to address. For the support group drop down in the MA option. The drop down is only making the Root groups available not the full tree with nested groups. Thanks
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest we don't use nested groups, so i never accounted for that, you could try changing the api url it is using in the ajax call at line 67 from
    		url: "/api/V3/Enum/GetList",<br>
    to
    		url: "/api/V3/Enum/GetFlatList",<br>
    that should get the nested groups showing hopefully, although they will show as x\y\z and not an expandable tree
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing something very similar with runbooks to "Create Investigate Work for a Problem" which then lets you pick how many Manual Activities you want created/attached to the PR. Never the less, great work!

Btw - nice header styling!
  • Daniel_DeimlingDaniel_Deimling Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi,

i was just trying to implement this solution.
    Ran into a problem where there is no gridview present at /Problem/Edit/PR...
    Therefore the existing activities are not displayed.

Anybody got and/or resolved the same problem?

Heaviliy modified the AddActivity js & html (no SupportGroup Enum is not existing and will not be implemented - replaced it with an userpicker), already able to create and commit new activities.
    That's already working nice.

if you are using the latest version of the portal, cireson no longer set 2 variables in the pageForm on problem records, adding these 2 variables to load in the Footer section of the Admin Settings > Header & Footer scripts then allows the activities to load instead of getting an error saying it cannot find the ernum picker
    <script>
    if (typeof pageForm != 'undefined' &&  typeof pageForm.MASupportGroupField == 'undefined') 
    {
        pageForm.MASupportGroupField = "";
        pageForm.MASupportGroupGuid = "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000";
    }
    </script>
    for those that have implemented support groups to manual activities you put the field name in the MASupportGroupField and the enum for the support group list into the MASupportGroupGuid.

this should prevent the error stopping the activities from displaying.
  • Daniel_DeimlingDaniel_Deimling Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the help!
    That script did the trick and now it's working.

• German_IslasGerman_Islas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello @Jeff_Lang 

Thank you for the solution on adding Manual to Problems.

I was also wondering, the counter you have in screenshot next to the activity tab that shows (I am assuming) how many activities have been completed, is that something that you added extra to your code or is that something that is also included in the files you provided?

@German_Islas the count on the activity ansd related items tab came from this post https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/13033#Comment_13033

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Everyone will be happy to know that Activity support on Problems is now available on Latest - v10.2.

Thanks again for your contribution @Jeff_Lang!

Download it here

Get the full debriefing on the Customization Release here

thanks @Adam_Dzyacky , yes I'm Back :)