Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

Community Change Request ARO Not Multi Mapping Consistently

Hello,

We have been using the Community Change Request ARO downloaded here for quite some time. It has worked with our SCSM 1801 environment very well for a long time. 

Recently, I had to make some edits to one of our Change Request AROs. One of the fields was being multi mapped to the description already, but was needed in the title as well. So, I left the multi mapping alone in the description and added the multi mapping in the title as well. 

However, when users now try to use this ARO, the multi mapping to the title and description do not work and both show up blank. I tried removing the multi mapping from the title and submitting a test request. It worked as it should. I then tried removing the field multi mapping from the description and putting it back in just the title. The test worked again.

I had thought that my testing had succeeded, so I reported that the ARO was working and could be used again. Later that day, a user submits a Change Request with that ARO and experiences the same symptoms.

I assume at this point it has to be some weird user error. I do a screenshare with the user so they can show me how they're using the request. They don't seem to do anything out of the ordinary and when they submit the request, all of the multi mapping shows in the Change Request like it should. 

I am not seeing any logs out of the ordinary and there hasn't been any software updates since this started happening.

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers