Home Asset Management

Asset Management

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi All, 

We are looking at implementing asset management to our Service Manager and Cireson Portal. We currently use configuration manager (SCCM) on a different server and wish to import hardware and software assets (mainly hardware) and use the cireson asset management component to track the assets. 

is there any user guide or knowledge articles on how to do this? I know if i click on connector and create a new connector i ned to set up asset manager import connector but i believe that reads a CSV file? can i get the connector to point to configuration manager and import the items from there? 

if there is any guidance or articles i can read on the steps and best practises on this, it would be great. 

Thank you. 

Best Answers

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mina

Glad to hear your moving forward with Cireson Asset Management Solution. 

You have a few options to create HW Assets as follows.

1.      Since you have SCCM deployed and assume the SCCM Connector within SCSM is created. Within the Cireson Asset Management Settings you could auto create Cireson HW assets when SCCM imports newly discovered devices into SCSM.  

2.      You can import HW Assets using the Cireson Asset Excel application.  Widely used and recommended by the Cireson Consulting team.

3.      You can leverage the Cireson Asset Management Import Connector.  A video of how that works can be found HERE.  To your original question – Yes it uses CSV however you can also use a direct SQL, ODBC or LDAP connection to SCCM to query the DB.

The Cireson Support Portal has several useful KB’s for your reference.  Additionally, the CAM documentation can be downloaded from HERE.

Hope that helps,

Mike

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your response.

I will go through the documentation. Much Appreciated.

Answers

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mina

Glad to hear your moving forward with Cireson Asset Management Solution. 

You have a few options to create HW Assets as follows.

1.      Since you have SCCM deployed and assume the SCCM Connector within SCSM is created. Within the Cireson Asset Management Settings you could auto create Cireson HW assets when SCCM imports newly discovered devices into SCSM.  

2.      You can import HW Assets using the Cireson Asset Excel application.  Widely used and recommended by the Cireson Consulting team.

3.      You can leverage the Cireson Asset Management Import Connector.  A video of how that works can be found HERE.  To your original question – Yes it uses CSV however you can also use a direct SQL, ODBC or LDAP connection to SCCM to query the DB.

The Cireson Support Portal has several useful KB’s for your reference.  Additionally, the CAM documentation can be downloaded from HERE.

Hope that helps,

Mike

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your response.

I will go through the documentation. Much Appreciated.