Home Analyst Portal

Activities disappear from Service Request after submission

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
I created a new template and Portal offering that has two Sequential Activities inside of a Parallel Activity. When I go to the Portal and use the offering everything appears to submit just fine. However, when I go look in My Requests and the Console, the Parallel Activity is missing! There are other Activities ahead of it that show up but the PA never does. I then tried submitting the request through the Console and this time the PA showed up when I looked at My Requests. Did I do something wrong when creating the offering? Is there a limit to how many Activities can be in a request? I just haven't encoutered this before...

Best Answer

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    They do not show up in either the Portal Forms or the Console Forms if I submit the request from the Portal. There are Activities in the SAs also.

I actually received an answer from Cireson Support about this; it is an active Problem that they are working on. The ticket number they gave me is PR77435 and currently there isn't a workaround :( 

Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ian,

That does seem strange. A couple questions:

1) Are you saying that the PAs and SAs aren't showing up in the grid, form, or both? PAs and SAs shouldn't appear in Portal grids, but should appear on Portal forms.

2) Are there any activities within those SAs, or are they empty? I believe I've run into some issues in SCSM and the Portal alike in the past when those have been empty.

As far as your question on Activities limit, there is not technically a limit, but obviously the more you add the more strain on the system because of the volume of data that is pulled. I'd suggest trying to avoid going any higher than 20 or so activities in one work item if you can (just an estimate).

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    They do not show up in either the Portal Forms or the Console Forms if I submit the request from the Portal. There are Activities in the SAs also.

I actually received an answer from Cireson Support about this; it is an active Problem that they are working on. The ticket number they gave me is PR77435 and currently there isn't a workaround :(