Home Analyst Portal

Order attached files by date in portal

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I've upgraded the portal to version 8.9.5. Now, analysts complain about that they cannot sort the linked attachments based on their dates, neither in the form itself nor in the view that opens up when clicking the symbol beside the ticket number. At least, I haven't figured it out yet. In the old portal version 7.4.x, they could sort by date to know which mail attachment is the oldest and therefore initial mail. Now, they have to open all mail attachments to find the initial mail.

Is there a way to allow a sort order for attachments by date?

Ingrid

Best Answers

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your Incident.js update in custom space.

{
    name: "FileAttachments",
    type: "fileAttachmentsDragDrop"
    },
    to
    {
    type: "fileAttachments"
    },

This will return the old file attachment interface.
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Most analysts like the possibility to drag&drop files. Taking it away would probably cause more protest.

Any chance of having both? For service requests, I would do the same modification, I guess in the Servicerequest.js.

Add both sections to the incident and servicerequest.js.

{
    type: "fileAttachmentsDragDrop"
    },
    {
    type: "fileAttachments"
    },

With "any chance of having both" I meant to have drag&drop and the ability to sort the documents. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Most analysts like the drag&drop feature and I do not want to remove it.
    I remember talking about it during a feedback session, not sure if Cireson has it on the roadmap but recommend to create a feature request here so everyone can vote on it.
    Sounds good, I'll check it out in my test environment. Unfortunately, after upgrading to version 8.9.5 just 2 weeks ago, I'll have to stick to this version at least until February until I can upgrade again.
    Just curious, why do you have to wait?
    we're not allowed to implement any changes to production in December if it's not an emergency. It's business-driven. By the middle of January, we're back to normal business and then I can plan and ask for permission to implement.