Home Analyst Portal

Send Email form is not centered in new Portal version 8.9.4 and is larger

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I've just upgraded our test environment to portal version 8.9.4. The Send Email form now opens up on the right hand side, covering about 2/3 of the ticket form. IT cannot be moved nor made smaller. The address fields are in one line as well as subject and template field. The whole form looks "huge".

Is this by default? The portal version 8.2.x opened the email form in the middle of the screen and each field was in a single line. I'm sure my colleagues will ask why the form looks different and whether it can be changed back. The old form looks nicer to me.

Thanks

Ingrid

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting with v8.8.x Cireson updated the send email to a slide out matching the remote manage and attachments overlay. Fully replacing the previous overlay.
    For my environment it only is about 40% over the screen, are you running a lower resolution then 1920x1080?
    You can read about the new features
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1168#/

If jumping from 8.2 to current there are a number of feature updates to learn.

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Thanks for the information. My connection to the test environment has a lower resolution. I've opened a new browser from my local machine which has 1920x1080 and connected to the test portal. Now it's about 40-50% overlay, definitely better than before.

Jump from 8.2 is already a lot to figure out, my production environment is still on 7.4.x. I have to write a document to inform about all important changes before being allowed to upgrade.

• Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Does anybody have an issue with there being no "OK" or "Send" on the Send email function? I thought it might be a resolution problem, but no matter which browser or resolution I use, I can't see any option to save or send the email in the newer versions of the portal.
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Wendy_Craig do you mind adding a screenshot of what you are seeing?  The default side panel should have an OK & Cancel button at the bottom.  Hitting OK will send the email.
    Sure, this is what it looks like to me. I captured up into my browser and down into my Task Bar so you can see there's nothing below the screen. It doesn't make any difference if I lower or increase my resolution.
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Wendy_Craig that definitely doesn't look correct can you open a support IR for this and reference this thread?  Also, do you have any custom CSS? 
    Sure, I'll have our admin submit one. I can't think of any custom CSS off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean it's not there.