Home General Discussion

Is there a way to create view in Knowledge Articles with folder pane ?

I am creating a view where I would like to set a side pane which will enable me to select few entities and view the data representing to them on the right hand side pane. 

For example , I would like to create a view for "All Knowledge articles by Group and by Rep"

On the left hand side I should see all the Groups and I should be able to expand the Groups to view the IT reps coming under those groups

then on right hand pane I should be able to view the information of articles created by those IT Reps.The right hand side pane will have columns like , date created, Date approved, Date Published , Title of the Article, hits , Likes etc. 

Please refer image attached .

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kedar_Dingankar
    Are you using one of the KA Enumerations as a Support Group field?  KAs by default don't have a group.  
  • Kedar_DingankarKedar_Dingankar Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you for your response.
    Yes,you got me correct.Will that be the case for creating Incident views as well & What is the way to customize this ?
    Are you wanting this in the SCSM console or in the portal?
  • Kedar_DingankarKedar_Dingankar Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I want to create this in SCSM console and should able to promote view to Portal in case needed.
    I suppose there are a few directions you could go here.  I just want to clarify that first of all, the SCSM console KAs are different than the portal KAs.  If you create a view of SCSM Knowledge articles, it won't make much sense in the portal as there's not currently a portal form to represent the SCSM articles.  

Creating the views you want in the console with the SCSM KAs will be quite a task.  You would have to create a view for each analyst manually and then group them by your group enum. Side note here: it wouldn't have to be manual in the sense that you would have to click through the view creation wizard 100 times, because you could script it with powershell.  But it would be manual in the sense that the views wouldn't be created dynamically or with very much flexibility.

I would think this whole KA by group and by analyst view would be easiest and best in the portal.  There is the Knowledge Manager dashboard already that lets you search, group, and sort on several of the available criteria.  But a custom page could be created to do exactly what you want based on group membership and the KA owner relationship.  But this would require using the portal exclusively for Knowledge Management and would exclude the possibility of a view of these articles in the console.  Another side note: You actually could represent portal based KAs in the SCSM console by having an Asset Import connector create CIs for them.  But this would again lead to the above necessity for manual view creation in the console and I can't see how that would add much value.

I hope something here helps you think about what process and/or goal you're trying to accomplish.