Home User Insights

We're excited to introduce you to 14 new Remote Support apps as part of the existing Service Management Stream!

These modern, web-based, user and device management tools for Analysts help further maximize productivity, deliver faster problem resolution and increase end user satisfaction.

Check out our on-demand webinar to find out how these new apps fit into your existing Team or Service Management Foundation license, see a technical overview demo, and more.View the installation & setup webinar to learn how to get started with Remote Support.

Remote Mgt Extensibility / Customization?

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Remote management in the SM portal performs many complimentary (and even some duplicate) functions to many of our custom tasks.  If I am going to make this available to my users and put these tools in front of them, it would make sense to have some of our custom functionality in line with it, when looking at the same user or the same device that our custom code targets.

How would one go about adding functions or information to the layout of the remote mgt. users and devices?  Is it essentially just a matter of finding the HTML for those panes and injecting new elements with JQuery? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that is helpful to know.  I will hold off on everything that can wait, and make very light use of customizations where I need them.