Home Asset Management

Hardware Assets Not Created from New Computer CI Records

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Over the last few months new Hardware Assets haven't been getting created from new computer CI records. I believe this is because the computer records are being imported without the Active Directory SID. We have an AD Connector with the 'All computers, printers, users and user groups' objects selected and the CI records are being imported from both AD and SCCM. 

Is there anything else I can check to determine why the Active Directory SID isn't being imported to SCSM?

Best Answer

Answers

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    What version of AM are you using? Additionally, can you confirm that the AM workflow is running and completing successfully when looking at the workflow status in the console?
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Seth,
      Yes, the workflow log in SCSM and the AM log file both show the Hardware Sync process has completed.

We're on CAM 8.0.11.2016 - Here's a screenshot of the MP's:

The last time the 'Cireson Asset Management Sync Hardware Assets Workflow' I found entries like this:

2018/12/11 11:58:55.863 - Skipped device "COMPUTERNAME" - it has no associated Hardware Asset but it is not the newest Windows Computer with the same SID (Because they don't have a SID at all)

2018/12/11 11:58:55.910 - Ending Workflow - Total Devices Processed: 3303, Assets Created: 0, Updated: 1942, No Action: 1361, Skipped: 361, Failures: 0, Warnings: 0, Commit Errors: 0

When I look in Configuration Items -> Computers -> All Windows Computers none of the machines with the 'Skipped' log entry have a value in the 'Active Directory SID' field. 
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found directions for importing the AD SID from SCCM here: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1996/asset-skipped-devices-and-other-issues

Once the AD SID was synced the HardwareAssetSync workflow created the new hardware asset records.