Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Cireson portal can not update catalog groups

Dear,
After  creating a new specific catalog group and linking it to a user role, the Cireson portal did not update to the new scenario. The native Microsoft portal is already operating correctly. The Cireson Portal has already been reinitialized as well as the application pool recycled. The cache builder has also been reinitialized, but the portal is not updating. Any additional suggestions?
Thank you.

Best Answers

• Options
    CláudioCláudio Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    Brian, you're correct. The Cireson portal links the authorization with the service offer. To solve the problem I used the following steps:
    1) I have copied specific service offerings by renaming them;
    2) Deletes the request offers  that should not remain;
    3) Replaces old service offerings with new ones in the specific catalog;
    4) TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement]. [Dbo]. [LastModified];
    5) Restart the cache builder;
    6) I recycled the App Pool.

Thank you very much.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you recycle the app pool first and then restart cachebuilder?  If you did those steps in that order, you might try recycling the app pool again.  
  • Options
    Hi Justin,

I've repeated these steps and the Cireson portal is still outdated.
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you report the cache builder has been reinitialized, is that just restarting the service. Or going into the database and clearing the table last modified?
    To "force" a quick sync of changes to the cache you have to restart the cache builder after truncating the last modified table. After the cache builder completes then you recycle the app pool.
  • Options
    Hi, Brian. I just rebooted the cache builder service. Now I reinstalled the portal with version 8.11.1.2016. He updated the service offerings for the specific user but brought all the request offerings linked to the services, not just the specific ones that should be available.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Brian, you're correct. The Cireson portal links the authorization with the service offer. To solve the problem I used the following steps:
    1) I have copied specific service offerings by renaming them;
    2) Deletes the request offers  that should not remain;
    3) Replaces old service offerings with new ones in the specific catalog;
    4) TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement]. [Dbo]. [LastModified];
    5) Restart the cache builder;
    6) I recycled the App Pool.

Thank you very much.