Home Service Manager
Options

Customization statuses SR

In SCSM are standard status service request. We need change this statuses on custom. But these statuses are changed by the standard workflow. 

In this article https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2011/07/07/disabling-workflows-with-overrides/#comments 
turn off standard workflow but we need affect only  change status process. When I turn of this workflow all events(change status, notification, SLA...) turn off too.  How can I find out by what events the status change triggers and what happens when the status changes? Or if you have idea how I can customization status service request please share.

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    I think my advice is to leave it along and use custom property called Sub Status or Stage or something like that. Then its independent of the Main SR / CR status. The SR can be Submitted or In Progress and we can still move through our Stages such as Approval, Procurement, Implement, Review either manually with a drop down on the form, or a custom workflow (perhaps triggered by different activities being completed). 

The one down-side is this property will not show in the OOB grids, but it would make everything else so much easier.

Geoff