Home Analyst Portal

How do articles showup under feature articles?

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
How do articles showup under feature articles when you click on knowledge base

Comments

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    How do articles showup under feature articles when you click on knowledge base
    Hello Mike featured articles are based on articles popularity index. You'll want to access the article settings page and add the desired number. 

Merle
  • Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    the number is set to 1? will that make it a feature article?
    Correct the lower the number the higher it will show in the feature section. In our Portal  we have 5 featured articles but we have each of them set to a 1 so all 5 of them appear. 
    we have more than 5 set to 1.... so the limit only the first 5 will show-up?
    Correct
    how does it pick the 5? based on when they were created?
    To answer that question I will need to ask my Dev team as I need to look at the source code. They could just do a DB call and grab the top ones. Or they could order it by date modified, and show the top ones.

Let me pose this question internally and get back to you with an answer.

Merle

Ok so the SP only sorts by popularity so it would then default to which ever was entered first so basically the oldest ones will show first

Merle

• Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Has there been any thought by Cireson to allow more than 5 Featured Articles to be displayed?  I'd like to be able to display 10 articles.  Also, is there a way to hide the other sections if I choose, such as Popular Articles, Recently Added, etc.?
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It would really be much more logical to take the first most recently modified among the articles with the lowest popularity value. That way, whenever you want to highlight a topic, you just have to set the popularity to 1 and Save, to see your article at the top of the list.
  • Stuart_OwenStuart_Owen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Correct the lower the number the higher it will show in the feature section. In our Portal  we have 5 featured articles but we have each of them set to a 1 so all 5 of them appear. 
    Would you be changing the popularity to 1 instead of 100 ?