Home General Discussion

Hiding buttons from the drawer

Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Good afternoon

Can you hide buttons from the drawer menu by using a .js file? For instance when selecting Drawermenu - New - Workitem - Inicident - QuickCreate, can the quick create be hidden via a .JS file? I know that there is an article that says updating the .css file can do it but was wondering if there is another method of hiding drawermenu items?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will hide Quick Create for incidents:
    $('[data-click-template="incidentQuickAdd"]').hide()

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Justin_Workman

Hello Justin
    Is that command in the custom.js? 
    You can add it to custom.js.  You might want to make wrap it in a document ready function like this:
    $(document).ready(function() {$('[data-click-template="incidentQuickAdd"]').hide()})
    @Justin_Workman

Thanx for the update Justin. This is strange one for our setup. A while back we hid the Quick create and Change Request options. Last year about August time we had SCSM 2016 installed on new servers and migrated the work items and custom.js amongst other files. I have checked our .css files and the custom.js but cannot see the settings to hide the Quick create and Change Request items via the DrawerMenu New work items.

You can change who sees Change Request from the +New menu by adding a group in Admin Settings/Work Item settings.  You can also set 'showQuickCreateForIR' to false in Admin Settings/Setting Items
    @Justin_Workman

Thanx very much for that. For some reason I did check Admin settings and saw that we had false for Quickcreate. Not sure why I did not check that first. Sorry. Also the Create Change request I needed the CacheBuilder to run first for that one to show.

Thanx for all your help