Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.
Options

Custom Home Page

Igor_LitutaIgor_Lituta Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

I want to share my custom Home Page that was inspired by @Jeff_Lang. I tried creating a new HTML page but it was a little out of my grasp since I had no experience with any of this so I decided to modify Home (Alternate). I learned a lot in the process of making it and it was a really fun project. I want to improve it further but it works fine as it is. I'd really like to hear any input or suggestions.

Extract Zip File > Unblock > Copy contents to Custom folder > change 3 lines in customHome.js to //MATCH YOUR ENVIRONMENT.

Comments

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing @Igor_Lituta :)
  • Options
    John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Can you provide an example for the //Match Your Enviroment?

Thanks, 
    John
  • Options
    Igor_LitutaIgor_Lituta Member IT Monkey ✭
    Change .cat.cat-report-an-issue and .cat.cat-request-something to the categories that you have in your environment. If you have a category "I Need Help" then the line should be .cat.cat-i-need-help
  • Options
    Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Wow, thanks @lgor_Lituta this is exactly along the lines of what I've been looking around for - thanks for sharing. 

We've recently started using the portal and whilst I'd like to change the design, I didn't really know where to start aside from modifying the CSS. 

This looks like it'll be a fantastic start to help me figure things out.... then it'll be a case of figuring out how to  beautify that top bar/header

• Options
    Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Igor_Lituta Great solution. Thanks for sharing.

@John_Beasley

The way to find out the setting for your environment is to check out what you service offering catalog looks like in service manager lists. As Igor mentioned above If you bring up the home page and use developer tools and click the title of the categories it will show them as .cat.cat-X-YYY-ZZZZ. EG: Category i-need-help will probably be .cat.cat-i-need-help. 

The example given has 2 categories listed, one for incidents (i need help) and one for service requests (Request Something)

Hope this helps. 

• Options
    Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to see if you know of any issue with the favourites feature. I seem to be able to select favourites, this works great if i only select service requests or only select incidents. If i select both service requests and incidents it only shows the incident favourites. Rest works great.

Thanks for help.