Home Analyst Portal - Community

Incidents Not showing on My Work

Hi,

We have just installed the new community edition and under my work we do not get incidents.

Nor can we create incidents.

Lastly when we click Team work we can see our incidents but upon clicking the item it just gives an error about not having permission to that item.

Thanks

Dagaz

Best Answer

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi,

Can you confirm if you are using Windows Authentication? as we have discovered an issue which we are looking to get corrected. In the mean time can you switch to Forms Authentication.
    This can be changed by opening up IIS Manager > Sites > Cireson Portal and clicking on Authentication

Regards
    James 

Answers

• Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Same here.
    Also, when opening "All Incidents" can only open those were im affected user.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like maybe your analyst group isn't configured correctly?  Can you verify you're a member of the analyst AD group?  You can check AnalystADGroup by dropping down the 'Name' menu in the top right hand corner and going to Admin Settings/Setting Items.  
    It sounds like maybe your analyst group isn't configured correctly?  Can you verify you're a member of the analyst AD group?  You can check AnalystADGroup by dropping down the 'Name' menu in the top right hand corner and going to Admin Settings/Setting Items.  
    Yes, im a member (nested group though)
    @Peter_Nordqvist - Can you check your cachebuilder log for errors?  It can be found at inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\logs.

@Justin_Workman
    No errors in CacheBuilder, but got some in WebConsole.log

(Inner Exception #0) System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Procedure or function 'spUpdate_Licenses' expects parameter '@SelfservicePortalLicense', which was not supplied.

ERROR [  24]:  ServiceRequest/Edit: Free SSP Version. Only AffectedUser can access this page
    @Peter_Nordqvist - Can you try opening the browser dev tools(F12) and in the console type: session.user.Analyst
    That should give you a 1 or a 0.  
    @Justin_Workman
    Got a 0
    You might try turning the logging level up on your cachebuilder log.  You can do this by editing the config file at inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.Cachebuilder.WindowsService.exe.config.  Around line 56, you'll have a section that says:
    <level value="ERROR" />
    Can you change ERROR to ALL and check the log for warnings specifically about your account?
    Thanks,
    Justin Workman
  • DagazArcaneDagazArcane Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited January 2019
    Same here got a 0

errors in web log
    2019-01-09 15:46:13,068, ERROR [  43]:  ServiceRequest/Edit: Free SSP Version. Only AffectedUser can access this page
    2019-01-09 15:49:53,386, ERROR [  25]:  Unable to retrieve Affected User license info: An object of class ManagementPackClass with ID 4e2ef5f4-7f46-8796-1059-93a836016275 was not found.
    2019-01-09 15:49:53,560, ERROR [  25]:  Unable to validate license. Error: No license found.

cache error log

2019-01-09 12:29:51,786, ERROR [  15]:  Group not found: CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=main,DC=xxxxx,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=internal
    2019-01-09 12:29:53,649, ERROR [  12]:  Group not found: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=xxxx,DC=xx,DC=xx
    2019-01-09 12:29:53,697, ERROR [  12]:  Group not found: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=internal

lastly full log from cache whenerror set to ALL filtered to my user

2019-01-09 17:28:25,369, DEBUG [  11]:  Adding user: xxx\xxxxxto role: Administrators

2019-01-09 17:28:25,369, DEBUG [  11]:  Username: xxxx\xxxx Id: a50aae2f-ac91-fd66-a6cd-5cdcaadbecdc is a user in the Administrators role with global access, and will be excluded from all scoped access.

2019-01-09 17:28:27,197, INFO  [  11]:  Assigning Analysts, Knowledge Managers, Asset Managers, etc.
    2019-01-09 17:28:27,697, DEBUG [  11]:     -Found [UserPrincipal]: CN=xxxxxxx,OU=IT Services,OU=Staff,OU=Users,OU=xxxxx,DC=xxxxx,DC=local
    2019-01-09 17:28:28,604, INFO  [  18]:  Finished committing membership to database
    2019-01-09 17:28:28,619, INFO  [  18]:  Assigning Analysts and Asset Managers to default views

Thanks

Dagaz
    Can you run a query against your ServiceManagement database?
    SELECT * FROM CI$User Where DistinguishedName = '<your distinguished name here>'
    it shows Analyst = 1 with a single record. is there any other key fields you are after?

thank you for your help so far
    Nope.  That's what I was looking for.  You might try going back to the portal and at the Dev Tools console(F12) typing app.clearAllLocalStorage() and hitting enter.  That will flush any session storage you have for the portal.  After you close and open the browser hopefully the portal will read the value from the database.  
    hi,

thank you but still same issue.

it is as though i have half the interface.

i can create announcements. see all incidents. just cant fully open them nor see my incidents in my work.
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi,

Can you confirm if you are using Windows Authentication? as we have discovered an issue which we are looking to get corrected. In the mean time can you switch to Forms Authentication.
    This can be changed by opening up IIS Manager > Sites > Cireson Portal and clicking on Authentication

Regards
    James 
    @James_Atance it seems OK when we switch to Forms auth. Maybe @DagazArcane can verify too.
    HI,

yes it was the windows auth for us too.

Though can you resolve an item? we can choose Resolve but no boxes appear to fill out details and OK is greyed out.

Thanks
    HI,

yes it was the windows auth for us too.

Though can you resolve an item? we can choose Resolve but no boxes appear to fill out details and OK is greyed out.

Thanks
    Same here :(
    Hey guys, we will look into this for you.
    Also, if you go to All Incidents, mark one or more, nothing happens when pressing "Tasks"
    @James_Atance seems better after upgrade to latest version, issue with "Tasks" that i wrote above is still there though..
    Hey Peter, I will get this flagged with the Dev team to look into.