Home Analyst Portal
Options

Change requests

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

We are planning on using change management within our environment but at the present stage I cant seem to locate anywhere within  the analyst portal that allows for change requests to be created, managed and completed.

It seems like it has to be done through the SCSM console. The only thing I can find is the Change Calender which I believe is just a calendar to show the changes scheduled but doesn't have the functionality of creating the change request.

is this correct? That change requests are only created within the SCSM console?

Kind Regards

Answers

• Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mina,

Change Requests can be created, updated, and completed in the Analyst Portal. Creation is typically done via the "NEW" button at the bottom left of the screen. Once created, Change Requests will appear within the various grids (i.e. My Work, Active Work, etc.). Change Requests can then be completed via the Form, similar to Service Requests (once all Activities are complete, the Change Request is complete).

If you are not seeing Change Requests in the Portal, my hunch is that your license key might not be input or might not be valid. Our free Analyst Portal includes the Incident module only, and does not require a license key-- this would be the default if no key is present. Otherwise, its possible permissions are not configured or that Change Request creation is restricted via the Admin Settings page in the Portal.

Thanks,
    Nick