Home Analyst Portal
Options

Send E-mail: Multiple Recipients = Multiple Action Log Entries

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We we use the 'Send Email' task and specify multiple recipients, the message is added to the Action Log one time for each recipient and since the action log entry doesn't contain the recipient information they are exact duplicates of each other. Can we do anything to remove the duplicate entries?

Comments

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Nick, 
    I'm not experiencing this behaviour, do you have any more information that could help me replicate the problem you are experiencing?
    Regards, Tony
  • Options
    @Tony_Collett
    I'm not sure what would be helpful. I've tested it in the Cireson Portal 8.2.2 and 8.6. I've verified via PowerShell that two log entries are made so it isn't a display issue. I've now found that two action log entries are created regardless of the recipient number (1 - 3).

We have set the The 'Add Message to Action Log' check box to checked by default. I've disabled that and I still get duplicates when I check the box.
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be able to log a support call at support.cireson.com and we can help you dive deeper in to working out this problem.
  • Options
    I believe this was due to a custom javascript we were running that auto applies the work item when an action log entry is created. The Send Email task was also adding the e-mail to the action log which triggered two save events (one for the Send Email task and one for the action log entry). The custom JS has been fixed and this is no longer an issue.
This discussion has been closed.