Home Analyst Portal

Sorting by created date does not work in portal for every analyst

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

A colleague of mine asked me today how to get a list of all tickets that have been created this week. I told her to use the export feature of the portal and click the inactive items too. Then just remove the older entries from the Excel list.

Interestingly, when she opens the active work tab, all tickets are listed from the oldest, not the newest, based on creation date. There's no sort order active in any of the columns, clicking on the date tab and select the descending sort doesn't help. I told her to drag and drop this icon to group, doesn't help either. When I group by created date, I first get the oldest tickets listed. Then I click the icon in the grouping field and the ticket order changes and I see the newest on top.

Does anybody know why sorting wouldn't work for everybody? She has at least the same rights as me, maybe even more, because she works for the helpdesk. The only difference I know of is that she uses a German OS, while my OS is English. Could this have an influence because of some basic settings that are different between those 2 OS? We both use the portal with German language setting.

Thanks

Ingrid

Answers

• Rod_MartenRod_Marten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    What version of the portal are you using?

There was a series of releases that had bugs in the gridview control that among other things messed up the sort https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4301/in-version-8-9-3-is-anyone-else-not-seeing-the-ability-to-change-column-widths#latest.  (Error should have been version 8.7.3)  There is a workaround listed in this thread, but the underlying problem has been fixed in later releases.
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We're using portal version 8.9.5.2012. As far as I understand the other article correct, the workaround only fixes the resizing issue.

I just wonder why the sort works for some people and others have problems. If it would be a bug, I would expect that sorting the tickets wouldn't work at all.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are seeing it with the same portal version in two different environments, same user--different result.  Also in our development environment it is broken for everyone.  We have an IR ticket open for it (IR81229).

I find it very odd, as I am sure you do too, that it is not consistent among users.  I wonder what would happen if you had them click "Reset View" above the grid, though.  Would it change for either group?  I would understand if the people who are able to sort would be unwilling to click the button!