Home Analyst Portal

How do you deal with the lag between Console changes and Portal?

Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Analyst Portal

I am just wonder how other deal with the time it takes for changes to populate from the console to the portal.

When I do something like create or even change something in the console such as a advanced request offering it can take over 2 days before it will show-up in the portal. This seems ridiculously long to me, anyone seeing this and if so how do you deal with it?

Some of the things we have tried include:

1. Restart the cache builder
  2. switching Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager sites > Cireson Portal > Session Statefrom cookies to something else and back again
  3. rebooting the server
  4. clearing the browser cache

This is driving me nuts and it causing the development of my Service Catalog to be beyond painful. Any help out there?

Best Answers

Answers

• Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I wish I could have the answer.I just asked the question about service offering images. Whatever I did they do not get updated or at least some of them
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I am just wonder how other deal with the time it takes for changes to populate from the console to the portal.

When I do something like create or even change something in the console such as a advanced request offering it can take over 2 days before it will show-up in the portal. This seems ridiculously long to me, anyone seeing this and if so how do you deal with it?

Some of the things we have tried include:

1. Restart the cache builder
    2. switching Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager sites > Cireson Portal > Session Statefrom cookies to something else and back again
    3. rebooting the server
    4. clearing the browser cache

This is driving me nuts and it causing the development of my Service Catalog to be beyond painful. Any help out there?

Hello Candice,

By default the cache is set to run on a schedule you can review that schedule in this KB article - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1176#/

You can configure these settings in the cachebuilder config file located here:

C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.Cachebuilder.WindowsService.exe

under this section:

<cacheCommandSection>
        <cacheCommands>
          <cacheCommand name="UserAndGroups" threadName="USER" refreshInterval="120" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="ConfigItems" threadName="CONF" refreshInterval="60" batchSize="1000" />
          <cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="5000" />
          <cacheCommand name="ServiceCatalog" threadName="CATA" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="WorkItems" threadName="WORK" refreshInterval="1" batchSize="500" />
          <cacheCommand name="ScopedAccess" threadName="SCOP" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="500" />
        </cacheCommands>

Merle
    I wish I could have the answer.I just asked the question about service offering images. Whatever I did they do not get updated or at least some of them
    Hello,

Images are also stored in the website cache, you will want to recycle the app pool, and restart the website. Sometimes you may need to clear the browser cache as that data can get clogged. (Ctrl +F5)

Let me know if you have further questions.

Merle
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

The issue isn't the Cache Builder as far as we're concerned, the Cireson ServiceManagement database gets synced correctly and all service/request offerings are present in the database.

We are unable to determine why the web portal itself cannot refresh itself when a change so basic like updating a css file takes days to take effect.  This is what is causing us many issues in terms of prototyping and getting the advanced request offerings appearing on the portal , that's the issue we want a solution for.  The Database is updated, but the website has a mind of its own when it decides to use that available information.

We have already tried stopping the CiresonPortal site through IIS and then going into Application Pool and stopping the Cireson one or even just trying to recycle it.  The advanced request offerings still do not appear.  We are currently using Portal Version 5.0.8 but it's always been present.

What else can we do?

You'll need to submit a ticket to our Portal and provide logging information and detail of the issue there so we can troubleshoot as this could be environment related.
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback :)

and that is a "normal procedure"? I am just trying to update the image in service offering. Truncate  table Last Modify seems to fix the issue. However, if you are aware this will re-enabled all previous disabled enumeration. I really thought that was one off?  I did this in the morning and my new images was in the portal, However, I have to disabled the enumeration again.  Of course I had to change one more image after and now again the same issue. If do not believe those steps are mandatory . So doing all those steps all over again just to update image do not make any sense. By the way if I create a new service offering of update activity it looks it works okay as soon as I restart the cache builder.  So it appears to me it is only issue with images.I am not in any rush so I am waiting for Cireson to explain to me how long do we need to wait for after .we update the image to show it the portal.

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I am actually working on a project now, and I am adding images to RO's. Most updated with simple cache builder restart. Had 2 for some reason that were updated when I came in the next day. May of had to do with size, not 100% sure. The restart of CB should also show new Request Offerings. The script above is nice, but I use as last resort, and only need occasionally if you are in a hurry.  

yup, I wish I knew what would be the issue, but I am sure it is not sizing. In the other tread I put more details. I had 8 RO's who previous had the image and 3 RO's which did not have the image at all so I added a new.  After I restarted cache builder the image change on 5 ROs and 3 new once, thought it could be something in image size so try to use the same image that works and it did not. Than used the same ROs which worked and one image that worked and no luck now. Last time I waited more than 24 hours and did than I truncate the last modify table. Since  there is an issue with doing that I will just wait and wait. Not sure how long do I need to wait That is basically the answer I need to get.

By the way I got a note on my other tread that the other way to solve this issue is to unpublished and republish the RO offering which is in my opinion even more pain.  I also got a note that this forum is not the place for this disscution so I will stop here :( and hope somebody will give me some updates in my ticket. Thanks .
This discussion has been closed.