Home Analyst Portal

Super user role

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi

We have 12 departments and in each department we have some superusers.

I wan't each superuser to have acces to add comments, files etc. on requests made by users in there own department but I don't want them to be able so se comments in the actionlog marked as private.

Is it possible to give these superusers the same rights as the affected user on each case in their department?

How can I best combine SCSM and Portal rights to achieve my goal?

Regards Mikkel

Best Answer

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    My solution so far is to make my super users analysts in the scsm (they don't have the console) and in the portal they are not member of the analyst group. They are member of "crate on behalf".

This way i get the desired functionality. :)

I have also done some extra filtering on martin blomberg action log so they only see information that I want them to see :)

Answers

Is the only way to allow others than the affected user to comment on requests to make them member of an analyst role i scsm and then don't make them members of the portal analyst group?

Any other ideas?

@Tom_Hendricks
    Have already seen it but it's not quite the same situation. In this case they don't have to be an analyst. Only if it is the only way to give them the same rights on teammates requests as the affected users implied permission.

It's for sure that they don't get portal analyst access but the only I can find to give them rights to comment on team requests is to make them member of an analyst role in SCSM?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand your situation better, now.    This will likely need to be a feature request.  It makes little sense for a team member not to be able to comment in another's ticket, but I just confirmed this behavior in Cireson's own support portal.  It also does not disable the field, but only gives a cryptic error window after the save attempt is made  by the user.

As far as a workaround is concerned, the only one that springs to mind so far is using the SMLets Exchange Connector and having their emails get applied as a comment.  This does not directly address the situation, of course.  I have also not tested this scenario, myself so it may even fail to log the comment, potentially.
    Answer ✓
    My solution so far is to make my super users analysts in the scsm (they don't have the console) and in the portal they are not member of the analyst group. They are member of "crate on behalf".

This way i get the desired functionality. :)

I have also done some extra filtering on martin blomberg action log so they only see information that I want them to see :)

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting your solution.  You raise an interesting point about how SCSM itself factors into those permissions too.