Home Service Desk Ticker

Can you give me an example of XML Config file

jstivaljstival Member IT Monkey ✭
I would like to use Service Desk Ticker (without install SCSM, if it's possible.

Can you give me an example of XML config file, that i can place to my network share ?

Best Answer

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    jstival said:
    I would like to use Service Desk Ticker (without install SCSM, if it's possible.

Can you give me an example of XML config file, that i can place to my network share ?

Hello,

The ticker app you are mentioning is this a reference to the Cireson Configuration Manager Ticker App? If so this app is configured to work with Configuration Manager and not SCSM

Merle
  • jstivaljstival Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hello, 

No, i speak about http://cireson.com/apps/service-desk-ticker.

I m confuse, because, i think it dont use XML file to push the client message...

ServiceDesk Ticker client use a network share to read his configuration (if i have correctly understood how it works).
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello,

There is No XML, workflow, or custom work required. This is also a free app. You will need to submit a feature request as the current functionality is reliant  on SCSM

Merle

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi,

The SCSM Ticker App creates the XML file from a Console Announcement and places it in the share you specify in settings. If you wanted to get the format to create yourself, I recommend you install the app, create an announcement in the Console and see what you get.

Geoff
    Thanks for your Answer.

Actually, i only use SCCM (not SCSM).

There no way to have the XML file architecture to create it manually.

I know that is not the best solution ("Mode BRICOLAGE"), but i havent SCSM.

I have install the client of Ticker App on my Pc, i have a network share, but no XML :wink:
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Ahh, I understand. I'll see if I can dig one out for you. Keep an eye on this post, I'll add it when i get 5 mins.
    Very interesting idea to use it like this.
    However, do you know we have have a version of the ticker that works from SCCM? This might solve your problems.
    Ahh, I understand. I'll see if I can dig one out for you. Keep an eye on this post, I'll add it when i get 5 mins.
    Very interesting idea to use it like this.
    However, do you know we have have a version of the ticker that works from SCCM? This might solve your problems.
    Yes, using SCCM is the best way but actually with Configmgr Ticker App, i can't use it on task sequence... 

Example : If i want to prevent my user that i'll deploy Office 2016 on their PC, i can't use Configmgr Ticker App, but i can push a xml file on my network sharing to prevent.

@Joe_Burrows
    Thanks, for the structure ! It's works. It's not perfect yet but it's a good start :smiley: