Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Be able to modify Config Items (like Asset) in the Analyst Portal

2»

Comments

• Thomas_PeterThomas_Peter Customer IT Monkey ✭

Same for me. Nearly all of my customers are waiting for that feature. 

To my opinion it’s a very important pierce which is currently missing in the solution.

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It seems like there is some hope....

Service Manager Portal 2018 Roadmap
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6026663/uploads/editor/rl/ym5njjlzccgh.pdf
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Martin_Strbavy: to be fair, the asset management forms in the portal are decent in my experience and seem to be for many others.  But they benefit from some customization and they aren't going to win anyone over unless you are using them as part of well-defined asset management processes.  That is easier said than done, and it takes a lot of time to define.  After having them for quite a while, we are only just beginning to utilize them here, but people can see the potential. 

It is the lack of forms for "everything else" in the CMDB that causes an issue.  I am frequently working on a solution that I want to solve by creating a new class and allowing it to be maintained in the portal, and then I remember that it won't have a form.  There are many existing classes in the CMDB that need to be editable from the portal too, of course.  This is the essence of this particular feature request, IMO.

My intent for making this comment is mainly just to keep things focused away from what is already serviceable, and focused on the dire need that most of us have.  Not knowing anything about you or your customers of course (and trying not to make any assumptions), there might be some aspects of CAM that are worth raising as separate feature requests or talking to the consultants about.  In other words, I am not discouraging you in the least from discussing any CAM shortcomings, etc., but simply as a matter of housekeeping I am suggesting to keep it separate.
  • Jason_McWhirterJason_McWhirter Customer IT Monkey ✭

Being able to view other CI's full data sets, such as Work Item relationships in the portal is HUGE.  Can do this with Hardware asset, but there is real business need to view other CI class info in greater detail.

• Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Just bumping this one. According to roadmap editting of CI should be Q3 2018.. So in less than 11 days? What's the progress guys? No pressure :blush:
  • Ilias_El_TaghadouiniIlias_El_Taghadouini Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Any news on this ? 
    The CI editing is still in beta, with some bugs still being worked out.  It does actually exist, though!
  • Martin_StrbavyMartin_Strbavy Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, will we be able to create, edit and open also Business Services? Or it is out of scope of this feature request? It would be nice to have it also. Currently detailed info about BS is visible only in console.
    I would defer to Cireson for a more thorough answer, but business services are a CI and there is a form for this one in particular, being tested.  This is software development, so anything is possible between now and release, but I like the odds.

This has been on my personal "most conspicuously absent features" list since the beginning, so the prospect of having this soon is exciting.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Community, I'm glad folk are excited for this feature, it has been a while coming I know, but trust me, it's worth it. Anyone fancy a sneaky preview, to help answer the question about Business Services? @Martin_Strbavy @Tom_Hendricks

edited February 2019
    @Geoff_Ross

ooooo pretty pretty

Can't wait !!!!
  • Ilias_El_TaghadouiniIlias_El_Taghadouini Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Community, I'm glad folk are excited for this feature, it has been a while coming I know, but trust me, it's worth it. Anyone fancy a sneaky preview, to help answer the question about Business Services? @Martin_Strbavy @Tom_Hendricks

Cool ! Any chance of getting access to this beta build for our dev environments ?
  • Erik_LuthErik_Luth Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Finally... great work Team Cireson. Thank you. 
    @Geoff_Ross, I was wondering when you and the rest of the team were finally going to start showing this off.  :) 

v9 will be great when the bugs are worked out with SQL 2017.  The portal will finally be complete for analyst users!
    @Geoff_Ross, very nice. thanks for sharing. I hope that it will be released soon ;)
     @Geoff_Ross WOW, this is gonna be awesome !!!! Thank you
    Amazing, need to test it right now :)
This discussion has been closed.