Home Analyst Portal
Options

Can we get ability to format the Work Item printout?

Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
Some of my users complain the font is too small if they select "Print" in the task panel. Is there any way to format that work item printout?

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Cindy_Boyer

This is possible but not something that is a simple process as it requires custom java script to be written.
    If anyone in the community has any examples of how they have done it, please share if you can.

If you would like one of our Cireson Solution Architects to give you a call to discuss your requirements and provide a quote on consulting costs to achieve what you are after, please just drop us a line here, via our website or via our live chat at Cireson.com.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I can't see why we need to pay for something that is not working. The print layout is horrible and should have been fixed many moons ago. 
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gerhard_Goossens
    Thank you for your frank and honest feedback.
    I hear your frustrations with the out of the box format.

The biggest issue I see in creating a new format would be that one size does not fit all and what works for one would not work for another. Without creating a report or form editor style application to craft and customise each users printable templates, it would be hard to avoid custom code for each customer.

That said, I'm sure we could come up with at least one generic one that is MUCH better than what we have at the moment.

If we can come up with a generic "Back of the napkin" style of design here on this thread, I'll take it to the dev team and see if we can't get it in to one of the 9.x releases.

Looking forward to your ideas.
  • Options
    @Brett_Moffett

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that it will be difficult to build a "Silver Bullet" view for everyone. But as you mentioned the OOB format is not workable at all. 

Maybe something like the way we can customize the IR and SR views can work. This will allow us to remove any fields we do not want on the printed version. But a generic one that looks better than the current one will definitely be welcomed.

Sorry for being "frank and honest" but I receive complaints from the analysts and managers on a weekly basis...

I am willing to test and provide feedback if needed.

Thank you for your continued commitment to developing the platform. There have been many great additions in the two years we have been using it.

Regards
    G
  • Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gerhard_Goossens - Not sure if you've seen this, but maybe it will help:
    https://github.com/justinkwork/SMP_SimplePrint

• Options
    @Justin_Workman

Thanks, this looks like it will work, will give it a spin.

The only problem with this is that it might break in future if the portal gets updated. I already had a hard time trying to fix all the stuff that was broken because of the updates last year.
  • Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this breaks feel free to let me know and I'll get it working again :)