Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Notify Analyst - Notify Assigned To for 3rd party Action Log updates

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Currently the Analyst will get notified if they send an email to the Affected User AND the AU replies.  The Analyst WILL NOT get notified if they send an email to a 3rd party and that person replies.  

We would like the Analyst to get ALL Action Log updates from Comments or Emails that weren't entered by the Analyst.
2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    With notify analyst the assigned to user will receive any end user comments if the workflow is enabled. When they external party makes replies into the WI what is the input type on the action log? User or Analyst comment?
  • Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So far, we've only tested with Analysts.  EU fires the notifications, anyone else (so far) fails to notify the Assigned Analyst.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an analyst is adding a comment to a WI either via direct or email connector it will not send the assigned to a notification. I had to train the analysts to use the @mention to address this. My external vendors email address as end user comments as long as I have the email connector set to allow users not in the CMDB to be processed.
    Is there a reason for this behavior?  I would think that you'd want to notify the analyst for any comment/email that they didn't generate themselves.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your deployment is open to it, the SMLets Exchange Connector supports this modification at a very granular level. You can read more about the fundamental "issue" here and here
    Excellent suggestion, @Adam_Dzyacky !
    and thanks for the input @Brian_Wiest !