Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Bring back attachment details for drag/drop attachments on tickets

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
The new drag and drop attachments and preview functionality has been well received generally, but one complaint is rising: where have the details gone?  The "old" attachments control showed the name of the person who added the attachment, the time it was added, etc.  This information was very useful when following the narrative of a ticket, particularly if there is more than one attachment with the same name, and it is not an image (so no thumbnail, no distinguishing filename).

This could be as simple as a tooltip containing the attachment info when hovering over the thumbnail, or something more advanced. 
13 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I agree. Many of our users need these Details. Is there a way to show the Details?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This FR did not get very many votes so I do not expect much movement here.

However, there is some good news.  In the newer portal versions, there is a "drawer" that pops down from the top of the ticket form, which allows drag and drop.  Unlike earlier versions, this drawer still works even if you are using the older form control in your Related Items tab.  This way, you get the best (ok, maybe the "good enough") of both worlds: drag and drop from the header, details on the old form control in the related items tab.

As much as I would like to see a tooltip or overlay in the drag-drop control, this is a pretty decent compromise IMO.
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks since this one popped up again, have a look at the code i posted at https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/16424#latest this actually modifies the text on the attachment thumbnail to add the date/time the attachment was added.

it should be easy enough to modify this to do a tooltip on hover or something similar and have it display other information about the attachment like who added it etc as this information is in the view model for each attachment
  • Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thank you very much for your answers. I will try it.