Home Service Manager

Import not scoping users on first import

David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I've just logged this to support, but I'm thinking it might be a Service Manager question rather than Cireson.

Anyone else noticing this?

When we create new AD users (did a couple yesterday), when they import to service manger overnight, the next day they are able to see ALL offerings on Cireson, but only on the first day after creating the account, by the second day (and import run) they are then OK. 

On closer inspection it looks like it’s because they’ve not been “scoped” right yet?

If I run the below, it doesn’t bring anything back at all (no rows):

SELECT U.UserName,SU.IsConfigItemScoped,SU.IsWorkItemScoped,SU.IsServiceCatalogScoped
FROM ScopedUser SU
INNER JOIN CI$User U ON SU.UserId=U.Id
WHERE U.UserName='testdj'

Whereas if I run this for any other user (e.g. ones created last week), it does bring back a result.

I’m surmising that it maybe takes two overnight imports for it to create the account in SCSM, then the 2nd import to “scope” it?
It wouldn’t be an issue if it meant they had no access to start with, but having ALL offerings is a little dangerous. (as they can see our test and internal IT forms etc.

Best Answers

Answers

• David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Brian, that's great and answers why it isn't scoping the users then.

Do you know if the expected behaviour is that "unscoped" users can see all offerings initially!? Or have I maybe configured a default group/user role incorrectly?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I am not sure of. Typically for me when a new user was onboarded until the sync jobs completed they would only see the All users catalog. (have one group of catalog items for Domain users). Based on your issue I am not sure how that would occur. Hopefully Cireson could answer that one.
    OK thanks.
    Could I just check, the refresh intervals, are they minutes from the last CacheBuilder restart or just the last synch.
    What I'm asking is can I change the SCOP synch to be at say 5am everyday?
    Ah just found this https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1176#/

I'll do some reading...
    OK brill thanks. 

I've just resynched the CacheBuilder and the account created yesterday is now sorted. It's weird as I'm sure I would have restarted it as a test on Tuesday when I noticed this with other accounts. But maybe not!

So I think the fix will be to get the schedule to resynch at 5am as you do.

Many thanks for your help!