Home Service Manager

Workflow changing incident Status and Urgency which then causes incidents to breach

Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me to troubleshoot an unusual issue I'm having with SCSM (we've recently started using it)...

Our Analysts have been setting incidents to an impact and urgency setting of "Low" only to find that at some point an SCSM Workflow has run and changed them back to "Medium" which then changes the incident priority to a 3 and triggers it to breach (if its past its SLO for a priority 3 incident). I've been trying to look at it but am struggling to figure out what is going on and which workflow might be causing the issue. 

Here's a screenshot of the history on one of the requests:

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips they can share with me? 
Any ideas how I can figure out which workflow is causing this behavior? 

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Best Answer

Answers

• Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply, we are indeed using the MS Exchange Connector. 
    I've looked at the settings and the default template is set with values for the impact and urgency, so I think you've hit the nail on the head. 

I'll monitor things and will close this off once I've confirmed this behavior. 

Cheers
  • Richard_ChalkerRichard_Chalker Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Adam,

I've had no more occurrences of this issue since.

Thanks for your advice, frustratingly this is the 2nd time I've been caught out with something that relates directly to that Exchange Connector... I'll have to be more mindful with regards to it moving forward.

Cheers